i've been playing for about two years, self taught and i've been trying to tackle more and more difficult songs, mainly harder riffs and such. lately i've been trying out harder solos, i have don't fear the reaper down and heroes by shinedown down pat. i've been working on fade to black lately, both solos and i have the first one down, the second one is real close. any other suggestions of solos to try and learn?
It sounds like we are the same level i'm right now just trying to get that second solo of fade to black down , I have all of it im just a tad slow on one part.

I would say Angry again. I have known the song for a while but i never really learned the solo i just learned the rythm in behind and once i am done fade to black im going to do that.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
If you've got a wah pedal, Evenflow by Pearl Jam.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
well i've been playing for like 5 months and i can do the solo of fade to black the first one didnt try the second one and also i can do both MoP solos, so I guess you should try fear of the dark solo by Iron Maiden or probably aces high or even some black sabbaths solos
Kissing the Shadows - Children of Bodom.

Might be a bit hard, but just work through it slowly. It helped my alternate picking heaps.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
the fast master of the puppets was a challenge, ive been playing 3 and learned that a while ago. try find some stuff with arpeggios in cos theyre worth learning at this stage. one by metallica is surprisingly easy to learn to tap if you havent already done that? the solo for powerslave is pretty difficult too if you fancy giving that a bash, and try to learn some of the simpler michael angelo batio stuff
I really like playing Guns n Roses solos, I love Slash, I love playing his solos.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Megadeth solos are fun check them out.

not sure how good you are, how long youve played doesnt really mean **** anymore.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
Megadeth solos are fun check them out.

not sure how good you are, how long youve played doesnt really mean **** anymore.

Truth right there. I've actually been playing a 1 and my friend has played three years, he's better in me in that he can play rhythm really well and really quick, but when I sit down stare at tabs (for a solo) i can rip it out in a few minutes, it takes him a while to do it.

Makes me feel happy =D. We're about even
Yeah id say check out some Megadeth or Iron Maiden songs for moderately hard soloing.

Couple suggestions could be Tornado of Souls, Hangar 18, Brave New World, or Run to the Hills (first two megadeth last two maiden)
Quote by ThrasherSkater
well i've been playing for like 5 months and i can do the solo of fade to black the first one didnt try the second one and also i can do both MoP solos, so I guess you should try fear of the dark solo by Iron Maiden or probably aces high or even some black sabbaths solos

lies.

as for solos, try nothing else matters, and even though they suck its a good solo to practice at first- monsters by romance something (not chemical)
Gear
Fernandes Monterey Elite (with older version of sustainer)
Marshall MG100HDFX (soon to be sold)
Custom made 150 watt celestion cab (soon being sold also)
Last edited by ghandiX at Jan 8, 2009,