I bought Band of Brothers last week and I've just finished this epic of a mini-series. Previously, I had watched certain parts of it and I was always interested to see how everything turned out - fortunately, pretty good. I really enjoyed this mini-series documentation on the real-life Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, United States Army 101st Airborne Division.
I was even more surprised to see that Major Dick Winters, played by actor Damian Lewis is actually British - just really struck me because he just played an American really well. He just sounds so different with a British accent but I was a little less surprised than when I found out that Christian Bale was actually Welsh.

Anyway - discuss. I really enjoyed this series. From the series, my favourite solider has probably got to be Bill Guarnere. I hear they're (Tom Hanks and Spielberg) making a new one called The Pacific documenting another Company across Korea, Vietnam and the South Pacific.

Disclaimer: I'm making this thread again due to the one that was previously closed. Apparently, I wasn't allowed to link Youtube videos of the series.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I love Band of Brothers. It's one of the best "short-series" I've seen lately, it's like a good movie that goes on and on. Since I'm a WWII enthusiast that probably makes me faulty on opinions like these didn't know about that new series, looking forward to it !
I watched the entire series on the History Channel a few weeks ago. Very powerful piece of work.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
It's alright. I don't know why WWII has so much media exposure versus other wars. Like there are over a dozen console games based on WWII. Look at the Vietnam War, it's so underdeveloped in the media. The only two good movies I can think of are Platoon and We Where Soldiers. And then there are hardly anything in the current war in the middle east.

Just my two cents.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Look at the Vietnam War, it's so underdeveloped in the media. The only two good movies I can think of are Platoon and We Where Soldiers. And then there are hardly anything in the current war in the middle east.

Just my two cents.

What about Apocolypse now and Full Metal Jacket?

Fantastic series, had no idea there was a follow-up coming out.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
It's alright. I don't know why WWII has so much media exposure versus other wars. Like there are over a dozen console games based on WWII. Look at the Vietnam War, it's so underdeveloped in the media. The only two good movies I can think of are Platoon and We Where Soldiers. And then there are hardly anything in the current war in the middle east.

Just my two cents.

It's probably because it was the last time there was a war where there was a clear "good side" and a "bad side". Most conflicts now days don't have this, so WW2 can be easily romanticized while others cannot.

That being said, I enjoy this series as well. Guarnere is my favorite haha...
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
i think its a great series, i watched the film about 2 years ago, and only just read the book last month, which I'd highly recommend, it really clears up a few things in the movie
just watching through it now, and i find it quite funny there being so many british actors playing americans
Last edited by THE-IMPALER at Jan 4, 2009,
I loved Band Of Brothers. Been a while since I've watched it, might watch it again some time.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Just my two cents.

Vietnam probably doesn't receive much attention as World War II because it was the only war the Americans lost. Well, they certainly didn't win it anyway.

EDIT: Tell a lie - so was Korean and the same reason to.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Just my two cents.

What about Apocalypse Now? Full Metal Jacket? Casualties of War?
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Harmonius, didn't you make this exact thread a few months ago?

FREDIT:

Yeah, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924419 and your OP was identical. Anyway, whatever I said there, goes in here.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jan 4, 2009,
Truly awesome. I absolutely love it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by freddaahh
Harmonius, didn't you make this exact thread a few months ago?

FREDIT:

Yeah, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924419 and your OP was identical. Anyway, whatever I said there, goes in here.

Look at EDIT Disclaimer on first post
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

One of my favorite mini-series along with that recent one about the war in Iraq.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
One of my favorite mini-series along with that recent one about the war in Iraq.

What one about the war in Iraq?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
The actors that played Doc Rowe and Leipgott are also British.

I like Dominic West's Baltimore accent in The Wire, another great HBO drama series.
I watched most of the episodes a long time ago, but last year in History we got to watch a few episodes.

It's absolutely stunning, really powerful.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Harmonius
Look at EDIT Disclaimer on first post

Ohhh, alright then, well I may as well copy and paste whatever I wrote n the last thread and put it here.

Oh, just so you know, Christian Bale may have been born in Wales, but he is genetically English and raised in England.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i have the boxset, really ought to watch it again. Great series.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
my great uncle was in easy company. he's "shifty powers"

not really talked about much but he's the guy in "Points" that wins the lotto
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Harmonius

I was even more surprised to see that Major Dick Winters, played by actor Damian Lewis is actually British - just really struck me because he just played an American really well. He just sounds so different with a British accent but I was a little less surprised than when I found out that Christian Bale was actually Welsh.

Why oh why did I laugh?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Why oh why did I laugh?

Because you're immature.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by crzysnowborder
my great uncle was in easy company. he's "shifty powers"

not really talked about much but he's the guy in "Points" that wins the lotto

Oh Really?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile

You can see Bill Guarnere in the bottom left with "Babe" Hefron on his left

This is Donald "Bullshit Malarky"

Buck Taylor

Bill Guarnere, notice the leg which was blown off after the episode Bastogne

Earl, "One Lung" McClung with Buck

Bill Guarnere, again

Earl McClung with Shifty Powers

Dick Winters (the central Character) with Ronald Spiers - the crazy guy who apparently shot his own soldier for being drunk and literally killed 14 Nazis after giving them cigarettes
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 4, 2009,
in the top picture, the guy in the top right corner is my great uncle
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
and the second to last picture
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
It is an awesome show, probably one of the greatest ever made IMO.

Beautifully made and very enthralling.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
What a great series! i think ive seen it like 4 times now!
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Shifty Powers has a bigger role in the series than you make it out to be. He was known as the best marksman in the company, and he has special scenes in multiple episodes.
oh i know he was an amazing shot. im just saying he wasnt one of the better known soldiers in the series. you hear more about winters and lipton and guarnere and others.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt