I play as a hired gun with these 4 cellists, and in 3 months we'll have this gig at the other side of the country (really important school stuff, it's worth a lot of credit). But the bandleader is lazy and hasn't picked any songs. We want to play rock/hardrock/metal something along the lines.

The catch is that since there's bass (electric), 4 cellos and drums picking songs is difficult, we want to avoid everybody doing the same line. (I recommended Iron Maiden, for example) and there's also the issue that cellos are tuned CGDA, keep that in mind.

Could you help me pit? this is really important. Some song recommendations would be awesome.
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jan 4, 2009,
Apocalyptica? Neoclassical Metal?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Apocalyptica? Neoclassical Metal?

Before I got in the band the played ONLY Apocalyptica for quite a while, and they are tired of it. And Apocalyptica usually uses one or two voices and the rest are just doing the same.
That band that covers metallica on 3 cellos.

Edit: oh that is apocalyptica...
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by watchingmefall
Before I got in the band the played ONLY Apocalyptica for quite a while, and they are tired of it. And Apocalyptica usually uses one or two voices and the rest are just doing the same.

Judgment Day?

Rasputina?
A Collective of Dirt ?
The 440 Alliance?
Break of Reality?
Angher?
Ken Oak Band?
The Dreamscapes Project?
The Stiletto Formal?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
pick some songs you all enjoy and find either a)a cello quartet arrangement of it, or b)have someone arrange it for you.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Write songs?

The Black Mage's version of "One Winged Angel".
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.