I have a 2GB ipod and i want to use WMP to manage the files on it. See, the thing is that i am going to be getting an 80GB zune in the future so i went ahead and organized all my music files in WMP on my new PC. Now i boot up itunes and all the files are unorganized like they were when i first started WMP!!!! I REALLY don't feel like doing that all over again, any way i can use WMP on an ipod?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
You could manually import them into your iPod.

Make sure your iPod is enabled for disc use.

Open up My Computer, and double click on it (Should be in the USB interface)
# Plug in your iPod.
# From the Desktop, go to My Computer and find the iPod (usually designated by a drive letter. i e. E: or F: )
# Open the damn thing.
# Go to Tools > Folder Options > View (the tab) > scroll to Show Hidden Files and Folders and click it.
# Click OK
# Go back to your iPod folder/drive, there you will find a new folder called iPod_Control
# Open it.
# The Music folder in it will have a bunch of folders named F00, F01 and so on. Put the music in here.

I am not responsible for anything that happens.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I am not responsible for anything that happens.

LMAO...okay, i'll give it a shot and hopefully my ipod won't self-destruct!
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by KOL40
LMAO...okay, i'll give it a shot and hopefully my ipod won't self-destruct!

Then Again,

WMP has a "Sync" function. Try that out with your iPod and see if it works.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
First you have to convert all your files to ACC, because those are the only sound files an ipod will play. So you need itunes to do that, or a third party software (audacity)

Then do the whole tools>folderoptions>view hidden files trick and put the ACC files in there

The way I see it, just use itunes to organize for now. If you check a certain box when you first install it, itunes will edit the actually file name and not just the way it displays in itunes. Then its already all organized and ready to copy pasta into WMP

But youll have to put your songs back into what ever format WMP uses first (.wav?)
Well if all else fails I know winamp works for ipods. Except if you plug it into itunes it deletes all of your songs... Yeah, don't use winamp...
Don't you hate how WMP is greater than everything?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
The first thing you have to do is sell your iPod.

Then, go buy a decent multimedia device.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman

Shdup.

Anyway, all you have to do is open WMP, take your PC's hard drive, and put it on top of your iPod.

Now make sure this isn't on a wet surface as your iPod will deploy the iBrella mechanism, which conflicts with WUC (windows umbrella cover-mechanism), resulting in a bitch fight.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by yingyangthang
First you have to convert all your files to ACC, because those are the only sound files an ipod will play. So you need itunes to do that, or a third party software (audacity)

no it isn't. iPods play MP3, AAC, and all the other common formats, except WMV for obvious reasons.

Quote by yingyangthang

Then do the whole tools>folderoptions>view hidden files trick and put the ACC files in there

The way I see it, just use itunes to organize for now. If you check a certain box when you first install it, itunes will edit the actually file name and not just the way it displays in itunes. Then its already all organized and ready to copy pasta into WMP

But youll have to put your songs back into what ever format WMP uses first (.wav?)

no you won't. WMP and iTunes can both play MP3, and I think AAC. Just don't put them as Apple Lossless or WMV, why you would is beyond me.

TS: by "organize" do you mean in playlists yeah? Because if they're properly IDE tagged then apart from playlists, they should stay organized between the two applications.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by dudetheman

+1

this guy knows what hes talking about.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

For future reference ther is a plug-in for WMP - DOPISP - google it. It cost 19.99 but there is a 2 mth free trial.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD