Page 1 of 3
im building my own dean ml i finaly got the body cut out and routed for two humbuckers and a trem. i need to do more sanding but i was wondering if any one has any experience in building guitars. and if they had any suggestions or tips also i don't know what kind of finish i should do and for the neck im thinking a jackson shaped neck off of war moth or a classic dean shaped neck hope it sounds interesting. pictures soon thanks
Last edited by dorklord101 at Mar 21, 2009,
we want pics ts . and we want them now...

edit:

sounds awesome
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Have you routed the neck pocket? If not, then whatever, but if you have and you've done it incorrectly, then you're gonna need to start over, because there's no way a Jackson and Dean neck could fit into the same neck pocket.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Have you routed the neck pocket? If not, then whatever, but if you have and you've done it incorrectly, then you're gonna need to start over, because there's no way a Jackson and Dean neck could fit into the same neck pocket.

If he gets the neck off Warmoth then they'll make it however he wants.
ya i routed it already and the necks on warmoth are practicly all made to fit like a strat neck and thats how i routed it and if you guys have any suggestions on a finnish please tell me pics up soon i need to get my cammera back from my sis
Last edited by dorklord101 at Jan 4, 2009,
Yes, all warmoth neck heels are the same as Fender Strat heels, regardless of headstock shape, unless you specify when ordering.

This sounds pretty cool, and I'd like to see some pictures.

No more red text though .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
haha i just edited it so you would know it was me lol but ya i really need some ideas on a finnish
Well, since your a UG member, the best place for hardware is the user nuthinbuttrubl8, who will get you a 15% discount on stuff from a couple different places.

I know for sure he does www.allparts.com, which actually has all the parts you need for a build. Probably.

PM nuthinbuttrubl8 for more information.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Once you get pics up of the wood it'll be easier for people to tell you what finish, since if it has a nice grain it'd be a shame to cover it up and stuff
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
the wood is alder by the way but really i really need suggestions on a finish its an ok wood grain im thinking a red to black sunburst kind of a thing
Last edited by dorklord101 at Jan 4, 2009,
So I'm thinking the grain isn't anything super awesome or anything?
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Hmm, okay grain you say? I'd think a black/ red burst would be pretty neat, or I've always thought just a plain matte black with chrome hardware is an awesome finish, or white with black hardware... Or, what I think is the sexiest of any guitar finish ever, a deep red stain with gold hardware
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Holy double post-fest Batman
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Haha, yeah, the edit button could be used, but ah well, you're new, dorklord, you have about two weeks before you'll start catching some serious flak for it

And I get what you mean by wanting a unique guitar... I've spent hours poring over the designs and plans for the (albeit crappy) build I'm working on, getting it how I want it, not modeled after something... So just do whatever you want... Are you thinking a real intense red/black burst like http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2393831492_fc9938572f_o.jpg or one like http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/images/Schecter/Schecter%20Diamond%20Series%20%20Devil%20Custom%20Blood%20Red%20Burst%206-String%20Electric.jpg ?
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Wrong code.

Use the ones with (Invalid img) around them.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
You still did it wrong.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's imageshack.... I don't know how to do Imageshack.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
awesome body picture you have there
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
i need help this forum is going down in flames i need help loading pictures i want to get one off of the dean guitars website but i cant find the url thingy to coppy HELP
any updates?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
i could up date if i could figure out how to put up pics well i figured out the specs i whant im going to have 3 500k pots 2 red/black humbuckers and as for the finish im going to do a black dye then im going to sand that back a little and apply red dye after that a really thick clear coat with like an inch black trim i could show but i cant get pics off my computer or anything i really need help with the pictures im begging how do you download the pics on here.
Last edited by dorklord101 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by dorklord101
i could up date if i could figure out how to put up pics well i figured out the specs i whant im going to have 3 500k pots 2 red/black humbuckers and as for the finish im going to do a black dye then im going to sand that back a little and apply red dye after that a really thick clear coat with like an inch black trim i could show but i cant get pics off my computer or anything i really need help with the pictures im begging how do you download the pics on here.

go to flickr.com
on the right of the page you will see 'upload photos' click on it
on the next page hit chose photos
choose photos
set them to public or private, whichever you prefer
when thats done, at the top of the screen click on 'You'
click on the photo
click on all sizes
select 'grab the photos url' and copy
come back to ultimate guitar
go into advance
when you post, click on the little mountain photo and paste the url

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

now, you said your getting 3 500k pots, i understand the 2 for the volumes but are you gonna use a 500k pot for the tone? i would suggest a 250k pot for the tone
1 inch of dye?
like honestly?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
thank you necrosience13 ill try it and nowa90 not an inch thick of dye the sun burst is gunna come in about an inch
triple post

that finish isnt gonna work out, the ml you put up has a flame maple top, so its not gonna look the same or even close
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
it will do that but the grain runs up and down see the darker lines those will be black ill pst pictures now that i know how lol iv been testing it on another peice of alder
dude, change the image size, that will kill broadband users. btw, your pickups are cool, did you order custom from Duncan? How much were them?.

btw, as my dear xyz66 noted, the ML in your pic has a flametop, so you wont make it look anything like that. also, your body is flat top, and in the picture, the guitar is kinda carved, so thats another no.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Page 1 of 3