Hey, I have a small question which may seem silly: I just heard the song Through thw fire and flames by dragonforce for the first time, now I think I could learn to play it.

I'm quite good a player (have been playing for 6-7 years) but so far I've never tried to play a fast metal "Shred" song.

how good a player do you have to be to be able to play this song?

how hard do you think it is on a scale from 1-10 (0 being the highest lol).

here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjWk5Kx7tc

Thanks in advance.
2. Herman Ri can't play it, he just sped up his playing. If you want to give them the finger and play at full speed though, probably a 7.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I would rate the song it self a 7 or 8, the solos use a lot of effects so I dunno, I always found the solo's harder...I've only been playing for 4 years and that song wasn't bad except for the solos...which I can't nail :p
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I would suggest learning "The Faceless" or maybe "Between the Buried and Me" Now those are some real bands
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
10, if 0's the highest. At least, at the speed they actually play it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by necrosis1193
2. Herman Ri can't play it, he just sped up his playing. If you want to give them the finger and play at full speed though, probably a 7.

Proof. EOT.
@EvoLancer211 - Yeah. Or maybe Protest The Hero.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by thedefrockednun
you mean he doesn't really play it at that speed????!!??

how do they play live?

Slowly. In the actual song, listen closer at the beginning, you will notice it isn't electric guitar, or synthesizer, but is in fact, layers of acoustic guitars, synth is for live. They are really bad live, and if you see a video of them live, they will either suck or it isn't real.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Slowly. In the actual song, listen closer at the beginning, you will notice it isn't electric guitar, or synthesizer, but is in fact, layers of acoustic guitars, synth is for live. They are really bad live, and if you see a video of them live, they will either suck or it isn't real.

so suggest a song that is fast and GOOD
Quote by thedefrockednun
so suggest a song that is fast and GOOD

Listen to Paul Gilbert and Racer X, on my profile, first playlist. Especially Scarified, that will give you a challenge. Also Frenzy, The Gargoyle, Get out of my yard, and if I would ever add it, Norwegian Cowbell.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Listen to Paul Gilbert and Racer X, on my profile, first playlist. Especially Scarified, that will give you a challenge. Also Frenzy, The Gargoyle, Get out of my yard, and if I would ever add it, Norwegian Cowbell.

which one is the most fun to play?
Didn't feel like editing, but Get out of my yard is not tapping, find it on Youtube, he has a double neck guitar with three strings he plays.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by thedefrockednun
which one is the most fun to play?

Heck, I can't play them, the only one I can get close to is Technical Difficulties, which actually is ok, but try them, and listen to them to find out. Don't exactly know what your definition of fun is, but really try Frenzy, and if you have a delay pedal and can put three strings on your guitar, make sure you do Get Out Of My Yard. The three strings are all tuned to octaves of E, just to tell you, and I think Scarified would probably be the most fun to play if I could play it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by thedefrockednun
you mean he doesn't really play it at that speed????!!??

how do they play live?

Ignore the bandwagon jumpers, they do play it at that speed live; they just trade the accuracy of the playing for the running around and having fun. Yes they have the synth playing the acoustic part at the beginning but that's so they can do the chord hits as a pair of distorted guitars.

If you enjoy the song then learn to play it and ignore the haters; playing guitar isn't a popularity contest.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Scarified, most likely. Like I said, if I could play them, I could probably give you a better idea, and while your at it, learn Technical Difficulties. I can play through to about half the solo, but it's riffs are really fun for me.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Who cares whether or not Dragonforce really play it? They do play it live, and they've played it for interviews in guitar magazines. Besides, Guitar Hero players can press buttons at that speed.

It's mostly 16th notes at 200bpm. That, although fast, is a feasible speed. I don't see why everyone takes the piss at any given opportunity.

You need skillz in fast alternate picking, sweeping and tapping to play it.