Page 3 of 5
Two more screws to get rid of that front gap, and a Peavey logo would make that thing perfect. Would look like something bought out of a store.
That look ssooooo awesome, and the stain will make it look 1000x times better. Also Another idea for a front plate, Take another piece of solid wood and rout it so its only like, a square, hrmm trying to think of a way to explain it. Like an outline, so there is no middle hahaha. And then take a piece of plexiglass and put it over it, so its see through. Here kind of like this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-HD100-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487071

Then put the lighting behind it.
Okay guys, I ran into a bunch of problems preping for staining.

First, the corners I am using didnt fit right, so i had to sand. Sanding kinda turned into rounding all the edges/corners of the head.

Second, When i chambered the holes for the screws, they tore out the side, so i will have to pick up some wood putty today, and will start on that hopefully.

Once i get the wood puddy, i'll fill everything, then re drill further in so i don't go out the side. Then i will chamber the screws in, and cover with puddy so their hidden and sand flush.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

311- Well i am using those metal corners, but the ones i have (the ones of the vk112) are rounded, so i had to round the corners, and when i did, i kinda did the sides a little to so to make it look good i rounded the sides.

I'm waiting for my garage to warm up right now, then i will put the wood puddy over the holes. Then re drill, chamber, then apply more wood puddy. Then sand, and hopefully stain.

hey man looks good,
one warning though, what is the ohm output on your amp? Say its 8 ohms, you can only put a 8ohms cab or speaker through it
I know guitarcam123.

So i stained the head... And it looked awful, i did everything right, and even used the pre condition stuff. It was dark in spots, light in spots, and ugly in spots. So I went up to Joann Fabric and picked up some vinyl for 6.50$ a yard! awesome deal. I think i will start today, not sure but hopefully will.

you should put metal corner things on the head :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Ethan, yes i used a fine cloth my woodshop teacher gave me.

Rancid- I will, haha.

make sure there black ones or it wont look right
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
lol, Well, I have black ones but i think im going to go with chrome ones to match my ampeg cabinet.

Anyone know where to find ampeg guitar grill cloth?

UPDATE:

I put the vinyl on the head, and it's drying right now. I will put pictures up when it's done.

Thanks Soultrip and Guitar-godfry

I'm trying to match this grillcloth

Put it on top of the 112, just to see how it looks. I <3 my eighth stack

Quote by gtr_101

Put it on top of the 112, just to see how it looks. I <3 my eighth stack

Sweet!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Thanks guys, i really appreciate all of your support!

Will have pics of the head assembled tonight.

I need:
Chrome 2 Lip corners (8)
3 ft of Marshall Small White Piping
Grill Cloth

Oh yeah, its sexy.

I chose side handles for better support, and because they were free haha!

... play through it yet? is it open in back, or covered? Does it get really hot?
Great work!!! are you gonna leave the front part like it is?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by SoulTrip
... play through it yet? is it open in back, or covered? Does it get really hot?

It's open in the back to help with heat, it stays cool. I just made a vid with it, will post in a couple.

Necro- No, I will cover it with grill cloth.

Thanks Guys.

So i recorded the vid, but my stupid self put it in front of the amp and it overloaded the mic pretty bad, plus all you can see in the video is my ass, haha.

Will do another one tomorrow.