I'm looking to upgrade my bass at the moment and I finally decided on a Jazz bass. The issue is, I can't really afford an American Fender Jazz, so the cheap Mexican made model would seem most realistic for my purposes, however I have heard about this bass being compreble to an actual FENDER Jazz and it is also much cheaper.

I'm reluctant to purchase it because I know that Squier has issues with quality and craftsmanship. My first electric guitar (I switched to bass a while after) was a Squier and I can't exactly recall decent memories of it. I'm not very guitar savy in terms of hardware, and because I play mostly straight rock on bass, I've never really needed to be. I want the Jazz because of its versatility, but as I've said before, money is an issue. With that being said, do you guys feel that this bass would be a suitable option?
Ok that squire is really good, But do you want to upgrade it, theres already a thread open on that so maybe you could have posted there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
When I say upgrade, I mean in terms of having a low level bass, and wanting to move up to one that's more at my skill level. I'm pretty competent at Bass, but I've been playing on a starter's bass for a year now, and I what I'm looking for is a better instrument overall.

Plus any information from people who may have this actual bass itself would also be helpful. I'm sorry if this should have been posted in a different thread.
Play it if you have the chance, if it feels and sounds good to you, go for it!
Ok ya go for it its a good bass, rivaling MIMs. If you want a fender you can get one second hand for the same price.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
They're on pretty similar levels in terms of build quality, but the tone is very different. The VM is a lot brighter due to it being all maple. While the MIM will be a little more mellow.

EDIT: How much do you have to spend on the amp?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115