Well, I got guitar rig(software+interface) for christmas, and it also came with Cubase LE4, but I don't know how to open guitar rig through cubase to record/mix and I can't figure out how to use the mic. Please halp?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Hey,

I'm a Sonar user myself so I can't give you specifics, but what you do to use it is make an audio track, then there should be an option somewhere in cubase to insert a new soft synth. Look for the synth rack, or anything like that. What you need to do is insert Guitar Rig on the synth rack, then on your new audio track, you open up the properties and assign the input to Guitar rig. Then you should be good to go.
Thanks man, I'll try that right now.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by ChrisBG
Hey,

I'm a Sonar user myself so I can't give you specifics, but what you do to use it is make an audio track, then there should be an option somewhere in cubase to insert a new soft synth. Look for the synth rack, or anything like that. What you need to do is insert Guitar Rig on the synth rack, then on your new audio track, you open up the properties and assign the input to Guitar rig. Then you should be good to go.

well, I haven't been able to find synth anything. What would they be under?
Quote by Jackal58
Not sure about Cubase, but the concept should be the same.
Insert an Audio Track. Under the effects you can apply to the track you should be able to see Guitar Rig. I'll look into it later on today.
I use SX3 so it might be different, but what you do is right click on an empty space and create and audio track, make it mono since you are using an interface. Then when you have your audio track go to Audio>Plugins and look for GuitarRig. Or you could go to the mixer by pressing F3 and find your audio track and click on the small "e". From there you can add effects by clicking on the black space on the left panel (They i1, i2 etc) and choosing GuitarRig.

Hope that helped.