OK so I've been playing guitar for close to 2 years now. I've been struggling with barre chords for a long time so I've just checked out a video to help, to cut a long story short I've noticed how bent my wrist is when playing powerchords. It is pretty much parrell with the fretboard.

I'm pretty pissed off i have never noticed a stupid thing like this and dont want to damage my wrist, I find it really hard to play powerchords without doing this as my fingers struggle to reach the strings.

Is it best to try re-learn powerchords and correct my wrist position which i doubt very much will enjoy or even be able to do, or just carry on playing as i am?

Any help or advice would be great, thank you.
If it negatively effects your playing, then correct it. If you're able to play and it doesn't effect you, then carry on. Years from now, when you're famous, kids will try to copy your style.
like i said I think it may be effecting my ability to play barre chords, more importantly I dont want to damage my wrist from having at such an angle.
I'm no doctor, and I'm still a beginner. But..

I'm pretty sure having your wrist at an extreme angle is very bad for it. Couple of things I checked out when I started warned about it & how it can hurt your wrist. Also, my wrists are starting to get bad from computer crap. But the only time it hurts while playing guitar is when I have it at a bad angle while barring or playing power chords.
Quote by Addy!
OK so I've been playing guitar for close to 2 years now. I've been struggling with barre chords for a long time so I've just checked out a video to help, to cut a long story short I've noticed how bent my wrist is when playing powerchords. It is pretty much parrell with the fretboard.

I'm pretty pissed off i have never noticed a stupid thing like this and dont want to damage my wrist, I find it really hard to play powerchords without doing this as my fingers struggle to reach the strings.

Is it best to try re-learn powerchords and correct my wrist position which i doubt very much will enjoy or even be able to do, or just carry on playing as i am?

Any help or advice would be great, thank you.

Shorten your strap and wear your guitar higher.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120
Quote by AllUrBase
Shorten your strap and wear your guitar higher.

+3,14159

Actually, lately i've been triying to do the opposite.
I used to wear my guitar very high, like Tom Morello, but now i'm trying to wear it down, by suggestion of my bandmates (apparently, wearing your guitar high isn't very Metal ).
The access to the first frets is easier, but it's harder to solo and to play barre chords. I really feel the tension on my wrist, and sometimes i can feel the bones being forced.

So, do what AllUrBase said.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112