Hey guys,

ive been wanting to play fast for a while now. you see, im just a rhythme guitarist so i cant play anything but chords and what not. and im asking on how to play fast.
i try to do everyones advice and try to play really slow, then go faster and faster, but i cant seem to pay attention after awhile because it gets boring...

i need your help. Asap please!

Cheers.
Quote by voleurz
stick it in the butt and pee
Well, the only way to play fast is to start slow. If you try to rush everything, you'll just end up sounding sloppy.

If you get bored, then practice a whole bunch of different techniques and scales so when you get bored, you can move onto another one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Have a list of techniques to learn or scales etc. and you have to start playing slow. Also play with a metronome and gradually increase the speed. When you get bored play a few of your favvourite songs to loosen up then carry on. Youll get there if you keep trying.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Well, the only way to play fast is to start slow. If you try to rush everything, you'll just end up sounding sloppy.

If you get bored, then practice a whole bunch of different techniques and scales so when you get bored, you can move onto another one

Thanks dude. ill try out some scales

Have a list of techniques to learn or scales etc. and you have to start playing slow. Also play with a metronome and gradually increase the speed. When you get bored play a few of your favvourite songs to loosen up then carry on. Youll get there if you keep trying.

i dont have a metranome, neither can i go on the computer and use one because usually i practice at night and im not allowed on the computer at 9, neither am i allowed to play in the living room (where my comp. is located).
Quote by voleurz
You should get a metronome.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You should get a metronome.

Oh, alright. Do you know a price range?
Quote by voleurz
Quote by TDG Tabs
Oh, alright. Do you know a price range?

Any cheap (around 15-30 bucks) one will do.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well, you can ask your band if you can occasionally do a solo or two just so that you wont be so bored... if your in a band. im assuming you are with the rhythm guitarist part.
Quote by TDG Tabs

i try to do everyones advice and try to play really slow, then go faster and faster

If "everyone" advised to jump off a roof, would you think that's good advice?
In this case, "everyone's" advice is just as bad.

Quote by TDG Tabs

but i cant seem to pay attention after awhile because it gets boring...

Work on that. If you can't improve or overcome it, which is entirely in your power to do
with the right attitude, you won't get anywhere.
Yeah speed will come once you practice things alot. If by playing fast you mean playing lead, start yourself with some scales.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Any cheap (around 15-30 bucks) one will do.

I'll look into that ok? thanks for your help dude.

Well, you can ask your band if you can occasionally do a solo or two just so that you wont be so bored... if your in a band. im assuming you are with the rhythm guitarist part

im saying that i dont know how to play fast stuff easily like some other people.

Work on that. If you can't improve or overcome it, which is entirely in your power to do. with the right attitude, you won't get anywhere

i CAN overcome it. thanks. i just need to focus.

Yeah speed will come once you practice things alot. If by playing fast you mean playing lead, start yourself with some scales.

i know some scales, about 3 actually. what should i do from there?

thnaks for your replys guys.
Quote by voleurz
iv been playing guitar for 3 months, and desperately wanted to learn the intro to laid to rest by lamb of god, i practised it for around 6-7 hrs, started off really really slow for a couple of hours and gradually getting faster and faster, can almost play it full speed now. so be patient and it will come!
iv been playing guitar for 3 months, and desperately wanted to learn the intro to laid to rest by lamb of god, i practised it for around 6-7 hrs, started off really really slow for a couple of hours and gradually getting faster and faster, can almost play it full speed now. so be patient and it will come!

sweet dude. thanks man. ill try. i also have abother side question. how do you pull off on a guitar? because i can hammer-on good, but when i pull-off, you cant hear the note.
Quote by voleurz
i drop my finger vertical from the fret board.. idk how to explain it. makes the pulloff sound clear and not weak.

and also i had to same problem not getting fast for a long time. i tried doing scales and all that stuff, metronome. blah blah.

i found out of you have fun with the guitar, learn some covers that will test you. make some challanging stuff you'll go a long ways

scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine has a pretty easy solo that you could probably get.thats how i started off at
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
i drop my finger vertical from the fret board.. idk how to explain it. makes the pulloff sound clear and not weak.

and also i had to same problem not getting fast for a long time. i tried doing scales and all that stuff, metronome. blah blah.

i found out of you have fun with the guitar, learn some covers that will test you. make some challanging stuff you'll go a long ways

scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine has a pretty easy solo that you could probably get.thats how i started off at

man! thank you! this help me ALOT. tanks alot dude.
Quote by voleurz