hey dude...about 5 minutes before I came to the ultimate-guitar homepage, I was on youtube looking up an in flames show I missed. I clicked one of the links and saw this song on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefn8Z3R3V8 Then I saw the same song on this homepage. Weird.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Hmmm very weird....hahah. Especially considering that this isn't a new song by any means...I just joined this page and decided I'd post that one. Strange synchronicity...

Never saw that video???
Quote by Severhead
Hmmm very weird....hahah. Especially considering that this isn't a new song by any means...I just joined this page and decided I'd post that one. Strange synchronicity...

Never saw that video???

Strange indeed. That whole scenario creeped the hell outta me.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Wow. that was...

very melodic. Great melodies.

The solo as well had very good melodies,

but it seemed a bit...eh. i don't know the word.

i mean, it fit, but it could have been better.

All in all a job very well done.

Are there vocals?
Thanks for taking the time to listen man! Yeah I wrote this many years ago when my songwriting was still progressing....as titled this is song 26...I'm up to song 61 now...and have gotten much better at writing....I just posted this cause my band actually recorded this one...and could be compared to by the real song. Thanks again for the crit!

Yeha if you want to hear the actual song with vocals and all you can check it out on our myspace....www.myspace.com/2sever

Amidst The Ashes...i think its the 3rd song on our player???
Servas.
Good stuff! Definetly reminds me of Jesters' era In Flames, I'm sure that's no accident.
The song has potential and what's already there shows you have the abilities to do some nice polishing. For example, it wouldn't be too hard to add a convincing bass to the piece. Especially in the intro it could relieve some of the harmony duties from the guitars (that is, if you grant the bass more melodic freedom than the usual rootnote chugger). The almost constant lead guitar harmonization could get a bit annoying, especially in stuff like verses (where it could clash with vocals for attention), so I'd probably scale that back a bit (think of it more like saving it for the real standout points to have more impact, instead of watering the effect down by constant repetition). Anyways, keep up the good work, here's hoping to more for the future!
Amazing.. I don't have much to critique, I like the song as it is and I think you have done an amazing job . Very Jesters' era influenced, as Ailes said; which is DEFINITELY a good thing .
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.