Is chambering better than non chambering? main concern i have is i would lose beef and low end.
Are you talking about Les Pauls?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Well if that's your concern, then there's no problem, chambered/semi-hollow guitars have more mid and low presence than solid body equivalents.

The main problems you might face are:
- Weight balance issues, if a usually solid body is chambered too much it can become neck-heavy and be awkward to handle.
- Sustain can be reduced if the guitar wasn't chambered in a specific way; on the other hand if it was chambered correctly then sustain should be like normal or sometimes even slightly increased.
- Chambered guitars have less defined treble, often results in a muddier tone.
- Like semi-hollows and hollowbodies, chambered guitars can suffer from feedback problems, at least more than a complete solid body.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ yeah, pretty much. it's not really better or worse, just different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MrFlibble
Well if that's your concern, then there's no problem, chambered/semi-hollow guitars have more mid and low presence than solid body equivalents.

The main problems you might face are:
- Weight balance issues, if a usually solid body is chambered too much it can become neck-heavy and be awkward to handle.
- Sustain can be reduced if the guitar wasn't chambered in a specific way; on the other hand if it was chambered correctly then sustain should be like normal or sometimes even slightly increased.
- Chambered guitars have less defined treble, often results in a muddier tone.
- Like semi-hollows and hollowbodies, chambered guitars can suffer from feedback problems, at least more than a complete solid body.

great reply thanks. i was referring to a prs or possibly les paul so LPs are imbalanced normally anyway which pisses me off. I might get a guitar with a rosewood neck and honduras mahogany so sustain should be good.

I didnt think a chambered guitar without f holes would feed back because the air isnt going out of the guitar..like on acoustic guitars you can get feedback busters for the hole.
that's possible, i'm not sure to be honest. i was more agreeing with the general gist of his post that it doesn't sound worse, just different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
People just seem to kneejerk and freak about chambering, again different not better or worse

Gibson actually offered a chambered custom shop body before changing the standard
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12