Hello people. In my last thread I asked you all what I would need to learn to become a session musician. Basically it was, learn all the theory you can, get to know everybody, and learn to play just about every style of music alive. So now I have a follow up question, not about skills, but where.

I was wondering, what would be some good music oriented colleges. Colleges that specifically focus on music, seeing as how those would probably be the ones that would help teach me the music theory and other necessary skills to become a studio/session musician.

I was looking at these colleges.

Musicians Institute in California (Bass department)

http://www.mi.edu/ProgramByDegree/Bass/Associate-of-Arts/36_2.aspx

McNally Smith College (Bass Guitar College)

http://www.mcnallysmith.edu/academics/bass.aspx

Opinions, thoughts, flames, praises, experiences etc.

During a fifteen minute search those were what I found that appealed to me.
I need other suggestions that you may have.

Thanks much.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
I think Berklee is one of the most highly regarded music colleges, but it's probably hella expensive.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I think Berklee is one of the most highly regarded music colleges, but it's probably hella expensive.

Yeah I know. I was looking at it a while ago but I remember the tuition is somewhere between $15,000 to $20,000 PER SEMESTER! Insane. So that is not an option for me.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Musician's Institute is probably the most renowned playing college out there. But, if I have one tip for an aspiring session musician it is, do not go to a University. That's the last place you'll learn anything useful about being a session guy. Look for a playing college, like MI or like Grant McEwan in Edmonton. That's where you'll leanr how to be a player. Plus, people who come out of playing colleges are in high demand for session work, always.
Thanks. This is incredible helpful. Anyone else got anything to add?