is this a dumb idea??? because i have a peavey vypyr 15 and it is really good for about 50 percent of what i play....which is metal but i cant seem to get a good classic rock(gnr and hair metal) tone out if it.

so i was thinking about buying a vox ad15vt because from what i have heard it can get a good classic rock sound???

or should i just save even more money and get like a huge amp even tho i am not gonna be giging or should i get a pedal for cheaper....
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
theres nothing wrong w/ sidegrading for versatility
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
theres nothing wrong w/ sidegrading for versatility

tell that to my parents
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
I don't see the point?
It's a practice amp, of course it's not going to do everything that great. Do you really need a new amp just so when you practice classic rock songs you'll sound a tiny bit better?

Just practice dude
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
i have two amps, one is a peavey valveking 112, and a carvin legacy 212 and its great cause i can get so many different tones with the both amps. If you can afford it do it if not than save up.
peavey vk112 with celestion v30 speaker
ESP/LTD kh-602 with 18v mod
ibanez rg470 with dimarzio evolution pickups
vox satchurator
ibanez tubescreamer ts-808 reissue
ehx the clone theory
boss dd7
boss ge7
isp decimator
korg pitch black tuner
I had the problem with not being able to get enough sounds out of my amp as well.

I got a Zoom G1 Effects pedal, and its been worth more than its weight in gold!

Good thing about a pedal is you can use it with any amp/sound system, so if you get the right sound out of that, you can take it anywhere!

Possibly look into other pedals now if you decide on a pedal, because theres bound to be better out than G1s! G1X for example...
for what its worth I have a Vypr 15 and a Fender Champ XD ....

AL