so i am looking for something to run vocals through, either a cheap (but good) P.A. System or some sort of amplifer with a tweeter in order to get the higher frequencys, what should i take into consideration when buy either an amp (witha a tweeter) or a cheap P.A System.

Do you guys have any models to recommend?

any way of micin' vocals that has worked out well for any of you in the past?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
i've mic'd through acoustic guitar amps, and bass amps, mainly because nobody can afford anything to really run our vocalist through. the down side of being a highschooler.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
def a pa...look at behringer stuff, i got a powered amp from them and its worked great...search for some pa packages too and post a few here, for opinions

pa systems arent very cheap but you kind of need it for vocals, and a good mic that blocks feedback is a necessity otherwise you'll never be able to get the mic loud enough
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
def a pa...look at behringer stuff

No.
PA System: Good idea,
Behringer PA System: Bad idea.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
phonic pa systems have been getting really good reviews.

haven't tried one yet, but at that price, and with a good return policy, you've got little to lose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you can't afford a PA get a keyboard amp, they can take anything
I leik music
Quote by jj1565
phonic pa systems have been getting really good reviews.

haven't tried one yet, but at that price, and with a good return policy, you've got little to lose.

i have some experience with them.
there are perfect for a beginning band!!! the old board is still in use on occasion for other things, even though the rest of the system has been overhauled many times over.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
how much would a decent pa for a starting band cost? maybe one of these phonic ones...do they come in packages that come with the pa, powerspeakers and all the stuff needed to run vocals?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
I've got a 30 year old TOA PA, does the job for vocals. Even has a cassette player

They're discontinued though
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Wiland
how much would a decent pa for a starting band cost? maybe one of these phonic ones...do they come in packages that come with the pa, powerspeakers and all the stuff needed to run vocals?

they come with everything. there are a lot of models. the number at the end of each model tells it's speaker size. 10, 12 or 15.
there are also different watts and features.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=phonic&st=

Quote by chea_man
i have some experience with them.
there are perfect for a beginning band!!! the old board is still in use on occasion for other things, even though the rest of the system has been overhauled many times over.

yeah i've seen some old parts here and there, never tried them, good to hear another review.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 4, 2009,
so far i am thinking about buying the Phonic Powerpod 620 Plus / S710 PA System. but is 10 inch speaker enough for band practise/ small shows?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50