no purpose.

spam.

likely to cause disruption.

tons of reasons.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
lack of grammar
banable actions such as rickrolling and posting the pear
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Bad Grammar!!!!
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hi! Let me help you out:

First, let me point out that you should always read the RULES of each forum that you post in. Here are the general rules that apply to each forum: The Rules
Note that each forum may have additional rules as well... Read before posting!

Now, about your closed threads:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037244
You shouldn't make your own threads for introducing yourself in the New Members forum, use the sticky at the top of the forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037747
Somebody reported this thread because it's easy to find the information yourself by searching the forums. Creating a new thread about something that has been discussed a 100 times before isn't really liked around these forums... So try to search for yourself before posting, by using the searchbar.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037941
The same goes here.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038383
Again, the same. The endless Jonas Brothers discussion isn't a very welcome topic on these forums anymore...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038596
Don't make threads about "hating" something. This will create a thread full of spam and rude posts... Besides, your first post wasn't very informative, it didn't tell anybody WHY you don't like GC, so it just looked like spam.

So, next time, just read the rules and you will know what you can post and what you can't!

Cheers!
ZeG

PS: And guys above me, please, stop spamming. If you're not going to help out, you might as well not post at all.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Jan 4, 2009,
Thread starter, try to use proper grammar and spelling as well. It makes people think you're actually serious about what you post...
Quote by aaciseric
4 not usin full word n impropa sentences mayb?

Quote by El Gigante
Ets probly cuz U don no how 2 tipe er spel werds

Next time, try and be a bit nicer, boys
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Thread starter, try to use proper grammar and spelling as well. It makes people think you're actually serious about what you post...

Next time, try and be a bit nicer, boys

Yes Dad ... I mean Zeg

<_<

>_>
Titling your threads appropriately is a huge help too. This one should have been: "Question regarding threads being closed" or something along those lines.

It lets us know what we're getting into.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by ledzeppelinman
y do my threads keep getting shut down?

Your first was closed because it should have been a POST in the stickied thread, not a thread of its own.

Your second was closed because it was far too wide of a topic:
"im a guitarist looking for a band how do i go about trying to make a band?"

that was your entire OP, yet you're asking for advice that could fill a book.

Your third was closed because it was a ridiculous, rhetorical question:
"are there any rock bands tht will ever come close to replacing the greats like Led Zeppelin, Rush, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, ehhh, any of the other great classic rockbands?"

Your fourth was just band bashing:
"do you think that alot of the so called "rock" they on the radio is really rock because to me most of it sounds like bubblegum pop trash. most of these new "hip" bands suck aka the jonas brothers and stuff like tht. to me its not real rock and this bubblegum pop crap is horrible... wat do u think?"

You don't like what you hear on the radio? Change the station. Sorted.

Your fifth was just a rant:
"wat do u guys think about GC personally i hate it in so many ways!!! wat do u think about it?"

You don't get to incite hate without cause. UG doesn't work that way. Be specific about any issues or experiences you have.

Your sixth might be this thread we're in.
If people start flaming you for your inability to make a decent thread, it might get closed.

Quote by ledzeppelinman
wat r the reasons y a thread will et shut down?

1 - Breaking the rules
Try reading them. find the general rules in the Announcement at the top of The Pit.
Also, read the stickies and announcement in ANY forum you visit before posting. Different UG forums have different rules.

2 - Unnecessary threads.
Did someone make a thread on the exact same subject recently? If so, just post in their thread to voice your opinion. Or make your own and get shut down.

3 - General Stupidity.
Post like a moron and your thread will probably be closed.
No one expects perfect grammar and punctuation.
But be extremely lazy and it reads poorly.
You can't be assed to make an effort?
Then you don't deserve the space. Simple as.

4 - Poor title
Don't judge a book by it's cover? Maybe.
But if the title sucks, the thread will often get closed.

5 - Misplacement
Put guitar threads in the Pit and they will get slammed shut.
Figure out where your threads belong and put them there.

Honestly, from what i've seen of your threads that have been closed, I STRONGLY recommend you lurk and/or post in other peoples threads for a while. Look at threads that spawn good conversation and understand why they work. Because right now ...

ur dune it rong.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jan 4, 2009,