Please someone help. Snapped a low E string on my 1972 custom telecaster a couple of months back and as I tried to remove the string from the vintage tuning key (SLOTTED TUNER), a little bit of string snapped off inside the centre hole. I've tried every way i can think of to remove the little bit of string, ie, paper clip, hoover, string end, pin, but the thing won't budge.
Has anyone ever had this problem. If so how did you get it loose.
I'm going crazy not being able to play my favourite electric.
Cheers in advance.
Mike
i dont see why the paper clip cant do it, if it doesnt a small screwdriver might
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by amason51
tweezers?

Needle nose pliers?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
bettsecks?

Try pulling the two halves of the slot apart a bit with tools. THen the stuck piece is likely to kind of just fall out.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Yes, if you can bend it at all. The tuning post is a solid rod of turned steel. If you can bend that without marring it, I'd like to see it. It may be bendable, though, but don't test it.

To get the string out, try using a magnet.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim
'Cause knowledge is power!

That makes me a powerful man. What I don't know about one thing is cancelled out by a bunch of useless facts