Should i get a recordable dvd player or skyplus? how much does skyplus record and also is it possible to transfer data from skyplus to an external harddrive?
I'm assuming Skyplus is something similar to Tivo, in that case I would go with a DVD recorder, much better for long term storage.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
skyplus is like the receiver from the tv company so the advantage is you can program in a day of tv and it will change channels for you obviously
The only advantage i see with Sky+ is that you can series link stuff.. or can DVD players do that too?

As far as i know you can't transfer stuff off of Sky+ .. I don't see why you'd want to either.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
The only advantage i see with Sky+ is that you can series link stuff.. or can DVD players do that too?

As far as i know you can't transfer stuff off of Sky+ .. I don't see why you'd want to either.

when you run out of space you have to 'tape over' what you have on skyplus previously
Quote by RazerX
when you run out of space you have to 'tape over' what you have on skyplus previously

Yeah but the hard drive is a decent enough size, i've never filled more than 20% of it.

On the other hand, i delete stuff after i've watched it, i'm not the type to rewatch stuff.
Quote by Count Seanula
You can record stuff off sky+ then put it on to dvd

can you do it with your pc or do you need a recordable dvd?
I'd recommend you get the option that is most suited to your financial situation. Remember you have to pay a monthly subscription for Sky+ (I pay somewhere in the region of £40pcm for the full package - and I believe there's a £99 fee for installation of the satellite) where as a DVD recorder is a one off payment of X amount depending on the quality of product you buy.
Sky+ boxes are usually 80gb so a fair bit, think an hour of TV usually takes up 1-2%. I think you can transfer from them, but I'd google it if I was you as I have no idea how you'd go about doing it.

I'm not a big fan of DVD recorders, mainly because the only one I ever had was crap, so I'd go with Sky+
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Definatly sky plus, its much easier than a dvd recorder. plus you can record two things at once, expensive though.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Last edited by fumb-duck at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by RazerX
can you do it with your pc or do you need a recordable dvd?

nah dvd player, you might be able to with a computr I don't know lol, my girlfriends dad just records **** on sky then transfers them to dvd when he can be arsed lol
Quote by Johnljones7443
I'd recommend you get the option that is most suited to your financial situation. Remember you have to pay a monthly subscription for Sky+ (I pay somewhere in the region of £40pcm for the full package - and I believe there's a £99 fee for installation of the satellite) where as a DVD recorder is a one off payment of X amount depending on the quality of product you buy.

had sky for 5 years