Ok so the crappy licensed floyd on my Dean 450S has finally given out and I need a replacement...I really would like to get an original floyd made by the German company Schaller because they are supposed to be the best. The only problem with this is that I don't think the original floyd is going to retrofit my licensed one because the screws stick too far out of the back. Schaller, however, also makes a licensed version of the floyd rose tremolo that I believe will fit my guitar because the screws are shorter...so my question is, does anyone that owns the Schaller licensed version have problems with it? Is it as good as the original? It is the same price as their original and they say it is equally good, but I'm leery about licensed floyds.
Also, do you think the original trem would fit my guitar...I'm including links to both of the trems and also pictures of my guitar's bridge

thanks guys!

original floyd

Schaller Licensed Floyd

whoah....
a saddle actually broke off?

and to answer your question, both schaller's licensed version and there version of the Original are equally as good
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
all schaller trems are licensed

when it says Original, it means original style

the second is the FR pro style

Schallers are the best licensed Fr trems, and occasionaly you get oen taht's better than a true original
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The Licensed FR looks like it would fit. I do know that Schaller is a respectable company and generally makes pretty decent stuff. IMO, it would still be cheaper (and easier) to get the Licensed, rather than getting the OFR and finding out it doesn't fit.
Don't Schaller make the original ones now a days? Also, I've heard them (Schaller) say that there won't be a difference in them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how the hell did you manage to do that?
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
you can get your guitar routed so that it fits the Schaller Floyd...i had a fender and i got a Kahler tremolo put in and they had to rout out the wood in my guitar for it...it doesnt ruin the look or anything

but from what ive heard the licensed schaller is just as good but i dont know, ive never owned one or played one...ive only played the original ones
Quote by darrenjables
Don't Schaller make the original ones now a days? Also, I've heard them (Schaller) say that there won't be a difference in them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how the hell did you manage to do that?

No they don't, they only make licensed ones
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
all schaller trems are licensed

when it says Original, it means original style

the second is the FR pro style

Schallers are the best licensed Fr trems, and occasionaly you get oen taht's better than a true original

THANK YOU!

i hate it when people say,"0h n03z! it's a lic3ns3d fl0yd! th3y suck!."

when they don't realize is that EVERY FLOYD ROSE UNIT produce is a licensed floyd(with the exception of the ones that Mr. Floyd built himself), including the highly esteemed Ibanez Edge.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
No they don't, they only make licensed ones

Right, thanks for the correction.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
no, I didn't have a saddle explode off (although that would be much more epic). The saddle is stripped out because it's made of what I think might be aluminum-foil lol. I just took the saddle off. It's like the third one that's done it though and I don't crank down on them or anything. It's just become a real pain in the ass to keep finding replacement saddles and makes the guitar really unreliable. The string starts slipping and then pops out completely which makes all the rest of the strings go sharp =/
anyways, thanks for the help guys. I think I'm gonna go with the Schaller licensed one if you think it's gonna be good. Which is also just the original floyd rose pro style? i think?
Quote by harrythehobo123
anyways, thanks for the help guys. I think I'm gonna go with the Schaller licensed one if you think it's gonna be good. Which is also just the original floyd rose pro style? i think?

The one on your guitar is a (shoddy) FR Pro styled trem.

So get a Schaller Pro style trem. You won't regret it
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!