what the main things that would the guitarist should focus on in order to become a great or good guitarist?
lmaoo u gotta practice alot and be dedicated to guitar first of all and learn how to pick some complicated stuff...and.....lmao
TIMING
Not only to become a great guitarist, but a great musician.
timing, ear training, taste, improvisatory skill, theory.

after you have all that, start worrying about technique.
Quote by progmetalhead12
what the main things that would the guitarist should focus on in order to become a great or good guitarist?

phrasing and rhythm id say are the most important (that includes timing). if you dont have those things, you are not going to be a very good musician.
Pinpoint some goals, and work towards them. If you want to be able to do something your favorite guitarist does, figure out how to do that.
Wanderlei war wagon.
I don't think there are MINOR things. It's all important in the end: technique, theory, ear, phrasing, dynamics, timing, dedication, creativity...
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
True, but you can't focus on everything at the same time. So pick a goal and work towards it and you will see how you improve.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
Rhythm, harmony melody and above all tone I guess.
Call me Batman.
Timing, phrasing/emotion/vibrato, legato, improvisation/ear training.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Attention to detail.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com