The Pros and Cons of being the best rock/blues guitarist in you town

PROS: You are the best rock guitarist around. Everyone looks up to you. You respect for that. People know you for it.

CONS: You have no idea how good you really are. Everyone in your area is an amatuer to you, so when you get out into the world, you may be discouraged by the loads of talent out there. If you live in a town where the Jonas Brothers and Dragonforce are considered god, and you like AC/DC, GNR, and Aerosmith; so people respect you for your talent, but don't give a crap about hearing you play the real rock. You aren't around anyone who can play like you, so there isn't many ways to learn new things (except for youtube, but it isn't that helpful).

Hmmm, seems like a much large cons list. I wish there was someone better than me in my area. Or two or three. Watdoyathink, pit?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Post videos and audio samples of you playing. Now.

EDIT: I listened to your profile. Your playing is very generic. Sorry, but you must live in a very boring, untalented town.
Last edited by Powerhouse at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by FelixJZ
CONS: You're an arrogant ass.

This.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
everyone is trying to be funny but thats exactly true. everyone where i live just started playing on their squire and its annoying because they think they are amazing
Cons: Large egos give you butterfingers.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Mhmh why would you even say that TS?

If you struggle getting a band together, look in yourself and see what you are giving back to the members.

Am I misunderstanding your question?

EDIT: Not to be an asshole, but I listened to your samples and frankly you're too sloppy to play blues. I don't have any samples but that's because I'm too ****ing busy to actually record some....maybe I should just to prove my point.

Again and I'm really being honest...Just see what you can give back to a band.

Also: I always struggled keeping members together, practicing, etc. For me, a member is much more valuable if he really wants to play and be with a band, than a guy that is a GOD but really gives a damn about taking a band somewhere.

AGAIN:::::::I'm not perfect but this is my point of view.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Jan 4, 2009,
Dude I really do not think people look up to you. You wanna know why? You are a ****ing ass. You probably think they do and they try to be nice. You may not even be the best, but even if you are stop bragging. People tell you you're good and you let it get to you. You aren't gonna get better if you have that attitude. Damn I wish I had this quote by Jimi that would of went along well. Anyway GTFO.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Cons: I'll be hiding in your closet waiting till you come home so that I can disembowel you, carefully so you stay alive, then hang you from your own intestines.

Ya, you're kinda arrogant.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Well u lie because it says under your name you live in paradise city. And theres some impossibly hot girls in paradise, and i'm guessing they're as good on guitars as I can imagine they are at sexing.
whoa whoa! dudes, I've been told this by like 20 people (not including parents, etc.). I don't consider myself amazing or anything, people tell me this stuff. That bit about being an amatuer to you, that doesn't mean I think everyone sucks, that means that other people compare them to me. sheesh...sorry if i look like an asshole. though being the "rock n roll" guy in my school probably doesn't help me ego.

To the dude telling me to upload a vid...I'm on vacation without a camera. Plan to do so as soon as I get home (tuesday). I really do need feedback on my playing from good players.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Quote by Powerhouse
Post videos and audio samples of you playing. Now.

EDIT: I listened to your profile. Your playing is very generic. Sorry, but you must live in a very boring, untalented town.

I do live in a boring untalented town. The acoustic playing song was 2 years ago...the and blues song...well, I was bored.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I'm willing to bet that there's someone in your town better than you, your an arrogant prick.

And yes, you'll get out in the real world and realize your playing is boring/generic/at best a mediocre skill level.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by bry0n
I don't consider myself amazing or anything,

Quote by bry0n
Everyone in your area is an amatuer to you... You aren't around anyone who can play like you

K.

I don't like you.
Quote by Bonorly
Well u lie because it says under your name you live in paradise city. And theres some impossibly hot girls in paradise, and i'm guessing they're as good on guitars as I can imagine they are at sexing.

Dude, I just like the song. I don't live there.

Quote by metaldud536
Hey dude, The Jonas Brothers are actually better then most blues/rock guitarists you can name.

your're kidding me, right?
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Guys, he means that everyone THINKS he's awesome, but he says that he's not! He's saying that he doesn't have other guitarists around that hit any milestones past him, so he can't measure his own playing ability.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Why would you post something like this? Thats incredibly conceding.

You give GNR a bad name, Open your eyes and i bet you will see people a lot better than yourself.
Quote by Draken
lulz is a stupid term used by rectal dwelling wart children.
Quote by LastCaress88
I'm willing to bet that there's someone in your town better than you, your an arrogant prick.

And yes, you'll get out in the real world and realize your playing is boring/generic/at best a mediocre skill level.

As far as technique and speed (and classical music), yes there is. As far as blues/rock...not really. I know I sound like a prick, but if you came here, you'd see. there really isn't that much talent in the kids in this place.

To the people saying the songs on my profile suck, I had been playing for about a year or two on "acoustic playing", and the blues thing I did in about five minutes. I was bored.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Quote by bry0n

your're kidding me, right?

Dude, never question the wisdom of GuitarDude.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
if by town you mean within your house, yes u are the best guitarist around.

i get wut u mean though, its similar for me (cept i dont claim to be the best after i receive compliments) cuz im blues/rock based then started playing metal, it alows me to filter the petatonics (blues box) in and out of my playing, but it also has a technical sound to it that came from playing metal. most people i know do either one or the other and im constantly combining the two, but thats bout my only challenge when playing with other players.

also: maybe show of ur skills in the guitar battle thread which someone should create.
Quote by Mythmaster30
Why would you post something like this? Thats incredibly conceding.

You give GNR a bad name, Open your eyes and i bet you will see people a lot better than yourself.

I do see a lot of people that are better than me. Problem is: they're on the internet, in some othere place. I can't talk to them, learn from the (in person is the best, ya know), etc...
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
if you want demotivation, go on the internet. if that still ceases to amaze you, then you are apparently god of guitar?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by bry0n
whoa whoa! dudes, I've been told this by like 4 people (including parents, etc.). I consider myself amazing and everything, people tell me this stuff every year or so at Christmas time when my whole family is together and they don't want to be jerks. That bit about being an amatuer to you, I think everyone sucks, tthey don't even compare to my talent. sheesh... i look like an asshole. though being the "rock n roll" guy in my school probably will get me all the chicks.

To the dude telling me to upload a vid...I don't want to laugh at me. Plan to do so as soon as I get home (3 years). I really do need feedback on my playing from far worse players.

Fixed.

Just kidding TS, all in good humor.

80th best UGer
Quote by TSmitty6
if by town you mean within your house, yes u are the best guitarist around.

i get wut u mean though, its similar for me (cept i dont claim to be the best after i receive compliments) cuz im blues/rock based then started playing metal, it alows me to filter the petatonics (blues box) in and out of my playing, but it also has a technical sound to it that came from playing metal. most people i know do either one or the other and im constantly combining the two, but thats bout my only challenge when playing with other players.

also: maybe show of ur skills in the guitar battle thread which someone should create.

I guess i'm lettin this get to my head.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman