i got board and took the pick guard off of my stratocopy and i wana keep it off. whats a good way to secure the pickups to the pickup well without having the pickgaurd to do it?
pics or GTFO
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Last edited by this&that at Jan 4, 2009,
maybe mount blocks in the cavity and use a small part of the pickguard to surround it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
maby but i need a quick fix that wouldnt require tools. i can cut the pick gard but i dont have the right scissors for that. thanks
superglue

lol, dont try it though
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
ok so i found some screws in my basement but there to wide. im ghona force them in anc itl make the screw holes bigger. any other advice?

EDIT: maby i have a cam hang on
Last edited by Themilkmaker at Jan 4, 2009,
DONT FORCE IT.

When ever you have to use force on ANYTHING AT ALL is always a bad sign.

pickups.... hmm...try getting something small to hold it... say...a bit of a tooth pick, broken into the loose end part. but with a certain height that you can take it out with tweezers.
Quote by wair138
DONT FORCE IT.

When ever you have to use force on ANYTHING AT ALL is always a bad sign.

pickups.... hmm...try getting something small to hold it... say...a bit of a tooth pick, broken into the loose end part. but with a certain height that you can take it out with tweezers.

LIES....forcing stuff isnt always bad.
ok sorry for the lack of picks but i have fatter screws that i found in my basement and i screwed down the neck pickup and it looks pretty good. feels solid. il screw in the other 2 and il let you guys know how it goes. thanks for the help
Uh if you're screwing larger longer screws into smaller thinner holes you kinda have to force it, if you aren't forcing it you're doing it wrong.
Don't force screws in that don't fit. It will cause damage to the hole. I suggest you go to a hardware store and get some screws that will fit. If you are not sure which screws you will need, I suggest you bring the old screws with you to the store, and maybe bring the wider screws too so you know what length.
Quote by rymep
Uh if you're screwing larger longer screws into smaller thinner holes you kinda have to force it, if you aren't forcing it you're doing it wrong.

But why are you forcing down screws that dont fit in the holes in the first place?
Pickups into Pickups im pretty sure thats impossible sir
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
why would you want to do this ?????
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
EVH style? There's nothing wrong with using bigger screws if that is what you need to screw into the cavity wood.

Although I hope you like it with no pickguard because those screws will be too long to attach to the pick guard if you want to change it back probably.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
EVH style? There's nothing wrong with using bigger screws if that is what you need to screw into the cavity wood.

Although I hope you like it with no pickguard because those screws will be too long to attach to the pick guard if you want to change it back probably.

I just used longer screws on my EVH build...the pickups are better off than they were before just being attached to the pickguard.
now that ii know what it all looks like ont he inside im gona try to rip all of it out and start form scratch. the bigger screws worked wonders by the way, even tho one of them pokes thru the body just a little bit. theyre real steady so il probably use that method when i get new pickups for it. the real kicker is that it came in an SSS config but its actauly routed for an HSH wich i found pretty funny. cheap chinese imports but for what its meant for its great. gona get a new bridge as well thanks for the help you guys alwayse come thru.
I'm sorry but this idea just sounds ridiculous and it seems your just hacking into your guitar without much thought. Don't force the wrong screws into it. Its just common sense man! You might end up regretting this if you want to go back.
ducktape ftw. especially when installing pickups on a strat with no pickguard.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
i thaught about that but its only a no name chinese model that i got as my first guitar. it was part of a $200 starter combo and if it hits the fan i alwayse have my epi les paul wich is my main guitar. i plan on defiling it even further when i get some money by ditching the bridge wich is actualy made out of **** for an OFR and a locking nut. how much routing would need to be done to fit the floyed? i have acces to the tools but iv nevert routed anything before would i be able to figure it out?
You cannot possibly be for real.

But the image of a cheapy kit guitar with a floating bridge adapted is still hilarious, as well as your suggestion for a strat sans pickguard but without using any tools. Next you'll be asking if you could cut off the headstock and nail a BC Rich in its place.
the thing sounds and plays pretty good imo. the neck is kinda worn down from abuse and the upper frets interfere with some bends so i figure if i replace the hardware, swap pickups and put a nice neck on it would be somthing worht actualy playing. i dont care for the evh paintjob i think il sand it down and if the wood looks ok il just laqour it if it isnt il paint it a nice solid color. after all the mods the only week link will be the cheep chinese body wich sounds great unplugged...
Last edited by Themilkmaker at Jan 7, 2009,