Just something I threw together.

It's literally my 3rd time recording and mixing.

Using Audacity, Peavy Vypyr and Acoustica Beatcraft.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ze_Metal/music/all/play509174

C4C?

I suppose I should explain this. This is a preview, a taste. I WANT/NEED/DESIRE constructive criticism. Drums dont work with the song? Say the don't, and maybe put me on the right track. Don't like a riff? Say you dont and maybe tell me to use a different interval between such and such, I dont know. But it helps a bunch, because who wants to do all the work to record a song, then realize it sucks?

Thank you!

EDIT: I changed the main riff, hopefully its a little better.

EDIT EDIT: Thanks to sumguy67 who wrote a new drum part for my song, It sounds a lot better. Check it out!
Last edited by Ze_Metal at Jan 8, 2009,
I thought it was good, but if you're going to call it thrash it should be faster.
Quote by trogdor136
I thought it was good, but if you're going to call it thrash it should be faster.

Thanks.

But thrash isn't ALWAYS fast. There's more to it then tempo.
I'm harsh by nature.. and its for your own good..

I think the riff after the intro riff is just wrong... while the third riff has a very nice metal feel to it.. I know you can play but perhaps the structure of the song could be fixed to give it a better feel

keep trying
When the sun falls the moon rises...

My attempt at art lasted for an instant and then faded like a candle without oil...

When i get around to making more candles hopefully my art will return in a perfect form that all can appreciate.
Quote by godofthemoon
I'm harsh by nature.. and its for your own good..

I think the riff after the intro riff is just wrong... while the third riff has a very nice metal feel to it.. I know you can play but perhaps the structure of the song could be fixed to give it a better feel

keep trying

Which one? The one after the "solo" intro? Or the one after that? Either way, Thanks for the input, when I said don't be harsh I meant I dont wanna hear "this sucks". Constructive criticism however, I love.
Last edited by Ze_Metal at Jan 5, 2009,
The harmonized intro was really nice, especially the tone. When the main riff starts it's a bit generic, not necessarily bad. The variation of the riff at 1:03 is much tastier. If the song continues like that it looks like it would shape up pretty nicely. Drums seem to work fairly well, although they could use more fills and stuff.

Crit mine? (similar vein of music as yours) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18007969#post18007969
I like the sound you've got very much, everything sounds really clean. I agree the intro was pretty strong. I'd have to hear the rest and how it evolves to say much about the structure. nice work!
The guitar tone is pretty good, nice and clear. The drums sound kind of cheesy, but that's okay. I'm not a fan of the intro at all, it just doesn't sound like it needs to be there. The riff right after the intro is pretty cool, the palm muted part sounds nice and chunky. The variation of the riff is much better, the drum part is also better. There isn't much here since it's a sample, but the riffs are pretty solid. I'd probably bring the tempo up by 10-30 BPM to make it a tad more thrash.

It should be a solid song when it's done, though, keep it up.

EDIT: Upon second listening, the intro could be pretty cool if it were mixed better. The guitars come in wayyyyy too strong as do the drums. If you lowered the volume a tad or maybe faded the band in ala Blackened by Metallica that would be nice. I'd like to hear some more bass, too.

C4C - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033681
Last edited by Gordita Supreme at Jan 7, 2009,
Hey man, thanks for the crit. I'm not too crazy about the drums. They sound a bit too sampled. Try mixing them up a bit to give them more of a real sound. I also thought the high hat was a bit too high in the mix. The tone on the guitar was nice and cleanly recorded. I also liked the harmonizing on the two guitars. The main riff of the song was cool. There's not much else to say since it's such a short piece.
Quote by sumguy67
Hey man, thanks for the crit. I'm not too crazy about the drums. They sound a bit too sampled. Try mixing them up a bit to give them more of a real sound. I also thought the high hat was a bit too high in the mix. The tone on the guitar was nice and cleanly recorded. I also liked the harmonizing on the two guitars. The main riff of the song was cool. There's not much else to say since it's such a short piece.

Yeah, I'm no drummer and really have no percussion talent or knowledge. Thanks for the crit, I defiantly need to work on the drums though.

If anyone could maybe tab out some drum beats that might work? That'd be amazing.
This was an awesome tune. I was hesitant when I heard the first riff, the harmony/chord changes just felt "weird." When the second riff came in, I was like HELL YEAH! (after the solo intro as you call it). It rocked really hard, and the riff after that as well. I think you did an awesome job and you should extend this into a full song, I would LOVE to hear the turnout. The only thing I have negative to say about it was the drums. Were you using a drum machine? Parts of it sounded that way (mostly the part with the closed hi-hat). If you recorded it with an actual drummer, try changing his hi-hat sound, if you used different drum sounds than you're using on that drum machine (try open hi-hat and a few more fills) I think this would be just brutal. I'm a metalhead, but not a fan of hardcore, or screaming/growling etc. I like thrash but sometimes it's just too fast for me and I can't enjoy it (snare on every beat PING PING PING etc lmao). This fits my tastes perfectly man, I can really connect to it. I'd love to hear a killer vocalist on this song like Rob Halford or something (keep dreaming right? ) Anyway, I hope you continue on with this, I'd like to hear a finished product.

c4c? : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039606
Last edited by MaskedMurader23 at Jan 7, 2009,