What is the best amp for under $330?

or would it be better to get a good effects pedal?

I have a Line6 Spider 3 15watt amp
Last edited by cummings15 at Jan 4, 2009,
No, get a good amp first.

What sort of music do you want to play? Also will you be gigging or playing with a band?

What current amp are you using now?

There are quite a few options for $330, especially if you look in the used market.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Definetly get a Mesa/Boogie triple Rec with a line 6 über distortion, that would be crushing.
Smart Pothead and Proud
^Wow. That was an informed and insightful post.

Anyways, depending on what music you play, Crate V series or Peavey Vypyr or used Line 6 Flextone gets my vote. Raise the price to $360 and you can get a B-52 AT-112 which would easily be the best IMO.
crate v18, and change the speaker.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Your music style plox.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
B52 AT series for tube amps (<- best one for the price, **** VK's, get off the damn bandwagon, ALMOST any amp can sound good with a great speaker and great tubes)

Best SS amp? I dont know

But really, go to your guitar store and ask for a B52 to try it out and if you dont know how to maintain tubes, ask them what you have to do to run a tube amp. (Some employees, aka some guitar center ones wont know what theyre talking about though )
I'll assume that you arn't gigging.

I would foremost recommend saving up a bit for a Fender Pro Jr. but if you need something for 330 look into a used Crate V series and a good OD/Disortion pedal.

Edit: also try out the Fender Super Champ XD as it has quite good modeling on it to begin with and takes pedals well on the clean channel.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jan 4, 2009,
Yeah a new amp would make a much bigger different.

You could probably look for a used Fender Blues Junior or Pro Junior if size isn't an issue. They're around $380 to $480.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
you could probably find a used peavey classic 30 for around your price range.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Definetly get a Mesa/Boogie triple Rec with a line 6 über distortion, that would be crushing.

wtf i went to both the who and acdc concerts you went to...

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.