I currently have a 20watt randall rxd and am thinking of upgrading to this. I plan to use it with the fbv. I am wondering if the tuner works well ( my rp 150 digitech tuner sucks)and also i have heard that the volume goes to max everytime you change the channel. I was wondering if that was the case and if there is a way to remedy it since i will probably buy one used off ebay. Any help is appreciated thanks.
no spider

max budget
music you like/play?
tube or ss?
new or used?
gig or bedroom?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
-what's your budget?

-the volume doesn't always go to max, it goes to whatever you set it to. when you save yoru presets in the amp, you can save the channel volume as well

-i have this exact amp and i love it, it may take a while to find quality settings (the original presets are certain to suck), but for practice this amp is very fun to use
This amp sucks and is one of the worse amps you can buy because,
Sound/Tone = ****
Reliability: if something breaks, you replace the whole amp
Speaker: Is ****. It says celestion on it, but read the small print; DESIGNED, not made be them.

Its sounds like **** which is the main thing you debate over for when you buy a new amp. It just plain sucks. The only good part of spiders is the tuner, which does NOT justify you buying this amp. Dont ****ing buy a spider.

Also, use the good damn searchbar, I answer at least 3 threads a day about spiders/FM/other **** amps.

MG amps are only good for practice, nothing over 15 watts. UG is on a bandwagon (for the most part against MG's) and people will tell you they are ****. They kind of are, but are semi terrible practice amps, not the worst you can buy. Still dont buy an MG.

Check out/try:
Peavey Vypyr series
Roland Cube (I hate the microcube, try anything else, however you may like it)
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
no spider

max budget
music you like/play?
tube or ss?
new or used?
gig or bedroom?

this
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
ps: all things considered, the above posts are correct, the spider isn't all that much more superior than the randall and i'd definitely recommend checking out the peavey vypyr, it basically has all the spiders features and then some, it's just up to you to decide which tone you prefer
Well... I have a spider III and it works fine and I like the sound. But thats just my opinon. ^^
Quote by Ex Shred
Well... I have a spider III and it works fine and I like the sound. But thats just my opinon. ^^

indeed, so the most important thing you can do (TS) is to go to the store and try out all of these options and pick whichever has the best tone of your liking

all of these recommendations have plenty of features for both practice and light jamming, plus tone is subjective, so go with whatever You like
No.
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
thanks for all the replies ( even the sarcastic one. I do check the boards, but sometimes i dont find what i am looking for) answers

max budget $250 ( I usually buy used)
music you like/play? big into old and newer kiss and George lycnh is the best
tube or ss? solid state
new or used? preferably used
gig or bedroom? bedroom, but would be nice to be able to jam with a drummer

I also use a rp150 for my effects and distortions right now. the main reason i may replace the randall is it seems like when i hit a chord that all the notes are jumbled ( i do know the chord i am playing and am in tune) thought it may be just a cheap amp. i also thought about upgrading the pickup in ltd m2 to a duncan
I have been checking and the peavey vypyr looks to be a bit better than the spider, but both seem ok. I may just get a used 20-30 watt of some type since most of my sound i am getting from my rp150. Thanks for all the input though
simple answer - Vypyr 30 watt
problem = solved
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
i have a spider iii 30watt, not complaining too much....everyone on here seems to hate them...i agree their modeling and effects do suck, but turn it on clean and hook up your pedal board and its not all that bad

thats just my opinion
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
neither the vypyr or the spider will sound good if your using them with the digitech. if your just gonna be using the RP150, your best bet would be to stick with the randall until you can afford a good amp that isnt a modeling amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Lets see, with a decent modeller, you really don't need a multieffects pedal... that's what the amp's features are for.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
simple answer - Vypyr 30 watt
problem = solved

/thread

seriously tho. the Vypyr is just flat out good for the price. it kills the spider (ps i own a spider so i'm not just hating
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
neither the vypyr or the spider will sound good if your using them with the digitech. if your just gonna be using the RP150, your best bet would be to stick with the randall until you can afford a good amp that isnt a modeling amp

....thats a good idea too
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by locomotive4
The best use for the spider amps is Wheel Chocks.

Fixed... Only the micro spider is good for a paper weight.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.