Page 1 of 5
Do you have anything that makes you cringe like nails scratching chalkboard does?

For example, one of my friends used to cover his ears and wince whenever someone would rub their hands together. We asked him why and he said he didn't really know why, it just gave him an awful feeling. He says he's grown out of it but I can tell it still bothers him when people do it.

For me, it's having a popsicle stick in my mouth. I once scraped my teeth against popsicle stick on accident, and it gave me the worse feeling. Since then, I've just had to scrape the popsicle into a cup because even the thought of having the popsicle stick in my mouth makes me cringe.
It sounds strange, but the idea of chewing a tissue or napkin absolutely kills me.

I haven't a clue why, but it's horrible.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Styrofoam... the feeling of it, the sound of it. Even looking at it makes me kind of uneasy.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Metal against my teeth (at the dentist)
Metal against metal
Pick slides on a guitar
Fingernails on my teeth
Fingernails on most rough surfaces (but not chalkboards )
Clay. Dry, hardened clay. Like, a terracotta pot. Touching it, feeling it, etc.

If it's painted though, it's fine.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Certain textures freak me the **** out. I dont even know why.
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
Quote by Bushinarin
Styrofoam... the feeling of it, the sound of it. Even looking at it makes me kind of uneasy.

+ motherfukin 1

cotton balls too.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Nylon, especially in my mouth, though it rarely gets there...
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
The texture of certain notebooks. The smooth but rough texture, not sure how to describe it. Just the touch of it gives me the chills.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by Bushinarin

this does it for me, also even writing on a chalkboard w/chalk used to do it, but i've gotten over it since then.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
mother****ing FOAM! I DESPISE ALL THAT IS FOAM! The sound is...Dear sweet holy mother oF GOD.

I guess Styrofoam, 'cause...Foam itself doesn't make sound.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
The scraping sound of a pencil when someone is writing gives me chills. I hate it. That's why I use pen.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
Quote by Bushinarin

You would get along so well with a friend of mine.

For me, it's glass that has been left to sit inside a dishwasher, and when you pull it out it's really dry and like...scrapey is the best word I can think of. It gives me shudders. Every time you move your finger it feels wrong and you can almost hear a screechy sound...gah
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by Bushinarin

Same
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
My parents voices, they are both really loud. My mam's is high pitched and screechy and my dads is low and miserable.
Quote by Bushinarin

This.... i hate it so much
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that has something similar that bothers them.

Does anyone happen to know why people get thise weird feeling? I noticed a lot of time it's certain materials in people's mouths.
I'm not sure about anyone else, but fingernails against a wall.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by IcePh0enix
Do you have anything that makes you cringe like nails scratching chalkboard does?

For example, one of my friends used to cover his ears and wince whenever someone would rub their hands together. We asked him why and he said he didn't really know why, it just gave him an awful feeling. He says he's grown out of it but I can tell it still bothers him when people do it.

For me, it's having a popsicle stick in my mouth. I once scraped my teeth against popsicle stick on accident, and it gave me the worse feeling. Since then, I've just had to scrape the popsicle into a cup because even the thought of having the popsicle stick in my mouth makes me cringe.

omfg.

i thought i was the ONLY one.
Quote by IcePh0enix

popsickle sticks do the same thing for me, i also git that feeling from my fingernails rubbing against painted metal like tin
squeaking a balloon or wet shoes squeaking on a tile floor
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Fingernails to cardboard.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Sand paper. Ah, i hate it. I always have to use it in a few of my classes at school at it seriously bothers me so bad. I gotta nail it to wood just so I don't have to touch it.
People who report others on this site for no reason and when other people are having OCD moments. Ex.like my dad has to have his tooth brush in the same spot everyday and he keeps moving it around repeatedly to get it in the prefect position.
Last edited by -tempest- at Jan 4, 2009,
polystyrene/styrofoam

cotton..eating cotton wool..dentist stuffed my cheeks with wool to take a tooth out..aargh
Quote by IcePh0enix
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that has something similar that bothers them.

Does anyone happen to know why people get thise weird feeling? I noticed a lot of time it's certain materials in people's mouths.

It might have to do with natural frequencies? My guess is that whatever material matches something resonating in our ear? I could be way way off though...
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
DragonForce
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
For me it would be that, a fork on a plate, and blood. It's weird though, I'm fine when I look at blood, but when I listen to someone talk about it or I read about it, I get really weak. Although that's not really the same feeling at all, it's just another weird thing.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Last edited by MasterOfCows at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by crackerpleaz
Metal against my teeth (at the dentist)
Metal against metal
Pick slides on a guitar
Fingernails on my teeth
Fingernails on most rough surfaces (but not chalkboards )

This is the worst noise ever. It kills my ears. And I also find myself unaffected by nails on a chalkboard.
Page 1 of 5