You can definately do better things in that price range. I suggest checking out
http://www.rondomusic.com/product932.html
Swap out the pickups in that bass, and add some electronics, and you'll have yourself a quality instrument. Out of the factory, they are the equivalent to a MIM Fender bass. Swap out the electronics, and get it setup properly, and you are going to get very close to a MIA Fender bass. AND they ship to Canada!

I promise you'll regret buying that ESP. It is not a step up from the Epi SG.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
A verry huge upgrade from an epiphone sg, but you could prolly get better for that price.The squier vintage modified jazz basses rival the mexican made fenders so you might wanna check those out.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
i think they might have esp basses on musician's friend for 200 something if im correct?

but from my experience esp does make good basses especially for metal (which is what i'm guessing you play since your looking at that shape.

but the only real way of knowing they're right for you is going and playin one ya know?

but that is a sick bass, i would get it if i was you
try reading some reviews about it, anything would be a huge upgrade from the epi eb0
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
You can definately do better things in that price range. I suggest checking out
http://www.rondomusic.com/product932.html
Swap out the pickups in that bass, and add some electronics, and you'll have yourself a quality instrument. Out of the factory, they are the equivalent to a MIM Fender bass. Swap out the electronics, and get it setup properly, and you are going to get very close to a MIA Fender bass. AND they ship to Canada!

I promise you'll regret buying that ESP. It is not a step up from the Epi SG.

What? You are reccomending that he buys a bass that is worse than the one he currently has and then fix it up to make it better? Really?

ESP is a good company, but I think that you should get a better one than the one you linked, try something from their F series. Anything higher than the f-54 is a good upgrade from your epiphone.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jan 4, 2009,