Price Range: $700-$1000

Genre: Metal/Metalcore

Sounds like: All That Remains/Killswitch Engage

Use: Band practice down my block, in my friends basement. Needs to be carried up and down his stairs. Amp also for gigs.

Ideas: 5150 or Bugera 6262

Other: Tube amp, thinking of a 2x12cab with a head so I can upgrade to a 4x12 when necessary.

*If you don't know of the 5150 or Bugera 6262 heads, name others you would think are good for metalcore!

*Also, What cabs would be good for this music?
Yea.. I wouldn't mind going a little out of the price range if it was well worth it.
You asked about what cabs are good? Its all about whats on the inside, aka speakers. Im drawing a blank on amps atm, I'll probably edit this post tomorrow or something.
Here is an idea... Play music worth decent gear? :P

Just kidding. Look into a XXX Peavey. Great for the core kids.
If you don't like the genre then don't post gear for it because I'm not going to listen to some one that does not know of it...
Peavey Ultra
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by jarudy
You asked about what cabs are good? Its all about whats on the inside, aka speakers. Im drawing a blank on amps atm, I'll probably edit this post tomorrow or something.

A cab that is built solidly and with a good amount of mass is key, not just the speakers.
Quote by CynicEidolon
Here is an idea... Play music worth decent gear? :P

Just kidding. Look into a XXX Peavey. Great for the core kids.

09'er....
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
SS FTW for High Gain.

Ampeg.
Randall.
SOME (not the flexwave) Crates.

Especially Ampeg.
OP: I think you've hit the nail on the head with your original post, a 6505/5150 or 6262 is probably the best metalcore amp you'll find in that price-range.

Is the budget you gave to include the cost of the cab, or have you got extra funds for that? $700-1000 may be a stretch for both. Vader cabs are exceptional metal cabs, and are built extremely ruggedly too. Mesa, Orange and Avatar are all worth looking into/trying too. Bear in mind that you can get yourself some great deals on cabs if you're willing to get a second-hander.

Quote by acdcrocks0323
A cab that is built solidly and with a good amount of mass is key, not just the speakers.

Absolutely 100% true.

Quote by bucketmark
09'er....

With a superiority complex.
It depends, I really don't think I can go much higher than $1000. Would it be better to buy new head and used cab or other way around?
Yea I heard the youtube video, the ampeg rig sound isn't what I'm going for.