I have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and was wondering if i should use instrument cables or speaker cables for the effects loop?
instrument. the only time you use speaker cables (at least w/ guitar amps) is to connect a head to a cab.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Quote by ninjafingers
instrument. the only time you use speaker cables (at least w/ guitar amps) is to connect a head to a cab.

word up
what about for like an a/b switch for a vox ac30? when I plut it in with my guitar cable only the a works...but the b doesnt work. and I dont have a speaker cable with me, so I dont know what the problem is.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
what about for like an a/b switch for a vox ac30? when I plut it in with my guitar cable only the a works...but the b doesnt work. and I dont have a speaker cable with me, so I dont know what the problem is.

You'd still use instrument cables. Speaker cables ONLY go between an amplifier and a speaker.

If one side doesn't work then check the cables, and make sure the A/B works correctly.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by fifer

You need a stereo cable for your footswitch.
oh, no wonder. thats good to know, I was beginning to think that my switch wasnt working..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Nolly
You need a stereo cable for your footswitch.

this.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic