I currently only have Boss pedals which are really durable, but I was looking into getting the blue box MXR pedal. The switches that click always seem so cheap. I've seen the button switches that dont click and seem more durable, but are these MXR switches long lasting?
10-15 years or so is what I've heard. They're easy to replace, so it's not a big deal.
yeah, the switch should be fairly easy to replace. ive also seemed to notice from what people have mentioned around the forums that the button style switches seem to last longer than the boss style switches. not always true as it depends on the quality of components. boss style switches are usually some sort of electronic relay system which i feel is a bit less sturdy than the mechanical switching that the button kind use.
Quote by jof1029
yeah, the switch should be fairly easy to replace. ive also seemed to notice from what people have mentioned around the forums that the button style switches seem to last longer than the boss style switches. not always true as it depends on the quality of components. boss style switches are usually some sort of electronic relay system which i feel is a bit less sturdy than the mechanical switching that the button kind use.

if this is true...I will QQ......because I bought BOSS because they seemed durable.
Relays tend to last longer, but the boss ones are kind of cheap, so I'm not sure about that. I do know that it would be a major pain to replace the relay, as opposed to the mechanical switch which are readily available and easy to service.