I write alot of my own music and every once in a wile ill go through a slump where i cant write or finish writing a song. I usually end up listening to my fav. bands and stuff like that and it gits me out of it but a couple weeks ago i wrote a pretty good riff and since then i hav not been able to finish the song. I tried all my old ways of gettin inspiration and they dont seem to be helping this go around.

Any one got any advice?
Discover new bands, or even completely new genres of music. I'm not sure what type of music you play but it can't hurt to try and discover something new. I know when I get in a writing slump I go back and listen to those first few Metallica albums + Reign In Blood (albums that I've heard so much I don't listen to any more) and if that works sometimes I'll listen to a bit of Death Metal (which I don't listen to) to hear some new riffs/styles of playing.
Quote by ashesofthewake6
do some open ringing out power chords ha ha ha ha ha the riff needs that i know this

ur a faget u wouldnt know good music if it slapped u in the face
Quote by ashesofthewake6
ouch no need to talk so badly about yourself take my advice power chords can work wonders.

ur an idiot i quoted u any moron can see that so they know im talkin bout u also come up with some better insults or quit replyin cause im sick of herein ur weak bs
all i tried to do was offer some advice like you asked and i get this.but im not one to take offense to things so easily.im sorry if i offended you in some way...........................................NOT, HENDRIX WOULUD BE ASHAMED OF YOU!!! Mr. Yoshy
Quote by ashesofthewake6
all i tried to do was offer some advice like you asked and i get this.but im not one to take offense to things so easily.im sorry if i offended you in some way...........................................NOT, HENDRIX WOULUD BE ASHAMED OF YOU!!! Mr. Yoshy

WTF do u know about hendrix all u listen to is rap u f ing moron
inspiration=drugs. worked for Pink Floyd.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)