Page 1 of 2
I have a question. I have built a stratocaster out of mixed parts. The body is from a fender starcaster and is a solid agathis body which was sanded down to wood. The pickguard, volume and tone knobs, and the bridge are all from that starcaster. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 staggered APS- 1. The neck is a fender stratocaster mexican made maple neck, with fender brand tuning heads. It looks and sounds great. But the question is, can I say I own a fender stratocaster, or is that deceitful and completely untrue?
Last edited by Blackrhino15 at Jan 4, 2009,
Yeah, a custom Fender
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
is this that much of a big deal? call it whatev the hell u want
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
is this that much of a big deal? call it whatev the hell u want

Like have you guys seen my Jackson Stratocaster?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Like have you guys seen my Jackson Stratocaster?

um go eff yourself
Quote by Telestar

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Line 6 spider 3 75w
I'd just call it a custom-built Strat, but not a Fender Strat.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
um go eff yourself

Umm, why don't you think about what you say, and not act like a 5th grader when someone calls you out on something you said that was incredibly stupid. If you aren't going to justify what you say and stand by it, DON'T SAY IT.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Umm, why don't you think about what you say, and not act like a 5th grader when someone calls you out on something you said that was incredibly stupid. If you aren't going to justify what you say and stand by it, DON'T SAY IT.

thnks for the tip socrates
Quote by Telestar

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Line 6 spider 3 75w
EDIT: ^Your bordering on kind of mean there, man

Call it what you like. In fact, call it a Fender Awesomecaster.

In all seriousness, its a custom-built Fender Strat
Last edited by MRavioli at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
thnks for the tip socrates

Thanks for the stupid responses, inability to take criticism for your statements, and blatant show of immaturity.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Part-o-castor? Frankenstrat? Custom fender?

All of them work in this case,and they're all true.It's still a fender,but it's made up of various pieces from different guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Iwould call it a modified Fender Starcaster. It wasn't made as a Stratocaster, so it isn't a Stratocaster.

Quote by kurtcobainsucks
um go eff yourself

Quite acting like a little fucking kindergartener.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Quote by TehMasterSword
Thanks for the stupid responses, inability to take criticism for your statements, and blatant show of immaturity.

Ok heres a third person perspective.
"Kurtcobainsucks"
Do us all a favor and shut your immature little mouth.

It's a custom start styled guitar.
There.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 4, 2009,
Ok, honestly guys. I shouldn't have said anything about Kurt either, but this is really enough. Kurt is obviously not the type that cares that he is immature, or that everyone knows it. Keeping this going will only derail this thread more, so I think it would be best to just drop it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Ok, honestly guys. I shouldn't have said anything about Kurt either, but this is really enough. Kurt is obviously not the type that cares that he is immature, or that everyone knows it. Keeping this going will only derail this thread more, so I think it would be best to just drop it.

And then there was light.

Kurt who?

Either way its essentialy a strat styled guitar as it was made out of the components of many strat type guitars
Back on topic, yes, you can call it a custom Fender, seeing as how most of the parts are Fender made, but for the sake of accuracy, I would call it a Custom Fender Starcaster.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Last edited by TehMasterSword at Jan 4, 2009,
Thanks, I will just call it a custom built fender strat. It's a fender, and it's the strat look. Good enough for me.
Quote by Blackrhino15
I have a question. I have built a stratocaster out of mixed parts. The body is from a fender starcaster and is a solid agathis body which was sanded down to wood. The pickguard, volume and tone knobs, and the bridge are all from that starcaster. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 staggered APS- 1. The neck is a fender stratocaster mexican made maple neck, with fender brand tuning heads. It looks and sounds great. But the question is, can I say I own a fender stratocaster, or is that deceitful and completely untrue?
Only if you sell it and claim it's a Fender Strat; otherwise, it's your guitar and you can call it a Fender.

Quote by Blackrhino15
Thanks, I will just call it a custom built fender strat. It's a fender, and it's the strat look. Good enough for me.

If that makes your dick fell bigger then go ahead, but it is NOT a custom built Fender Strat....it's a customISED Starcaster.

Saying custom built implies it was built as-is by Fender and it wasn't, calling it a stratocaster implies it started life as a strat and it didn't. Making out you have better gear than you actually do is one of the cardinal sins of guitar, if you have something great then by all means crow about it, but if you don't then be humble about it and accept it for what it is.

If you can't do that for your gear then you won't be able to do it for your playing either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i agree that technically, it's a customized starcaster.

but if i cared about such things, i'd probably call it a customized strat, made with fender parts. you wouldnt even have to say it's made with fender parts. they could see that just by looking at it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
um go eff yourself

shut up and stop being such a cocky little noob.
realise that the internet is for others to use not just you, your not 'better' than anyone, infact you just made yourself a lot worse than most people on this board.
now, go 'eff' yourself bud.

threadstarter:
call it whatever you fancy, but i'd just claim it to be a modded strat or a partsocaster personally. isnt it just easier to say "strat" and explain what's modified on it if somone asks?
It's a Fender Partscaster...if it really matters...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Pr0gNut
Part-o-castor? Frankenstrat? Custom fender?

All of them work in this case,and they're all true.It's still a fender,but it's made up of various pieces from different guitars.

Wtf are you on?

Fender is a brand, not a type of guitar i.e. stratocaster in this case.

What you have is a starcaster with a fender neck. And don't you dare try and pass it off as a Fender or anything else other than a starcaster.

EDIT: You can call it a Fender ****caster if you really want to use the Fender label.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
No Call It Something Else But Leave Strat In The Name Like Van Halens Franken Strat
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
If you ever sell it to anyone, you should call it a customized Starcaster since it is a Starcaster with some modifications.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Its is not a custom built Fender Stratocaster. It is a starcaster with a neck and pickup change. It's not like you used a Fender Stratocaster body or bridge.
There's a big difference between most of the parts being "Fender Starcaster" and Fender Stratocaster. Since so many are of starcaster, especially the body, I believe it'd be more of a custom-built fender starcaster.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by MRavioli

Call it what you like. In fact, call it a Fender Awesomecaster.

+1
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by steven seagull
If that makes your dick fell bigger then go ahead, but it is NOT a custom built Fender Strat....it's a customISED Starcaster.

Saying custom built implies it was built as-is by Fender and it wasn't, calling it a stratocaster implies it started life as a strat and it didn't. Making out you have better gear than you actually do is one of the cardinal sins of guitar, if you have something great then by all means crow about it, but if you don't then be humble about it and accept it for what it is.

If you can't do that for your gear then you won't be able to do it for your playing either.

the seagull owns again!
couldnt have said it better myself
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
i would call it "my guitar"
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Don't really care what you call it man, go crazy!

Because you're not the poor sod who might think he just bought a Fender Stratocaster on eBAy..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
Because you're not the poor sod who might think he just bought a Fender Stratocaster on eBAy..

Haha, I'm not about to buy any guitar I haven't played, you try to pull that I feel you deserve it.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by steven seagull

This, a little harsh, but true.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Page 1 of 2