Besides Gibson, Epiphone, and Ibanez? Are there any better ones out there or are these the best ones?
Esp
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
You want the best Les Paul shaped guitar possible?
Go to a custom guitar builder.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I believe gibson and epiphone are the only companies that actually make them...
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by kyle62
Orville, Heritage and Tokai.

Also Agile, Edwards and Greco.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Gibson!!!
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
Tokai.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Vintage
Cort
Dean (Im not sure how they play)
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by wwfattitude1998
Besides Gibson, Epiphone, and Ibanez? Are there any better ones out there or are these the best ones?

Am I the only person actually reading the first post?

asides from the MIJ ones, esp tokai theres also the PRS singlecut, expensive as hell but your paying for the PRS name as well like the gibson name

PRS SE singlecut is respectable tho
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
ESP makes some, I was pleasantly surprised by how they played and sounded too, being an ESP hater.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Theres a few Lawsuit era les pauls out there left, that are Very high quality, Mostly the fujigen ones (Ibanez Mann Raven) There are Mann knock offs though, They wont have MOP inlay on the head stock and they're made of plywood and cedar with a white painted wooden nut...
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
I have a Tokai Love Rock, and I've played an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and I would say the Tokai is better (yeah I'm biased but hey, who isn't?). The problem with Epiphones is that they are made to be worse than the Gibsons so that people will buy those models. If you buy from a different brand, you'll be buying the best that that guitar can be.
Last edited by EL2T at Jan 5, 2009,
japanese copies are good. quite a range of models though, you need to be careful you aren't paying high-end prices for lower-end models. in addition to those already mentioned, bacchus/momose/deviser, navigator etc. would be worth a look.

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/about.html (scroll to the bottom and there are links to a bunch of different japanese brands with descriptions- bear in mind those descriptions are that guy's opinion, but from what i've read so far it seems pretty good)

gordon smith makes some nice guitars too, the cosmetics aren't always that amazing, though, it pays to try the one you're going to buy (much like gibson).

also custom builds, as someone else said.

depends how close you want it to be to a LP, if you just want a singlecut-style guitar, your options go up exponentially.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
AGILE!!!!!!!! Great, great quality, playability, and sound. The best overall value, and the highend Agiles are said, to get near Gibson quality.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.