One. Before I quit taking my guitar lessons my teacher told me that just because someone is really good at guitar doesn't mean that they can play everything well. I thought that if I could play stuff like megadeth and slayer, you know metal I would be good enough to play anything but I found out I was wrong soon enough. Jazz is hard lol. Do you think an accomplished musician can play different styles without to much hassle?

Two.My teacher also taught me that its not about begin better, its about enjoying the music. But I always feel like if I cant play advanced stuff I suck. Is that a normal depression that guitarist go through with there axe?
I can play most styles of music without too much hassle...

And i don't feel bad when i can't, i just improve.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
I can play most styles of music without too much hassle...

And i don't feel bad when i can't, i just improve.

Mr Ego has entered the building.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
yes

yes
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
well, for the first one, you're a dumbass for thinking that, in a good way.

The second, I don't care who you are, or how well you play, if you're not A) respecting the music B) enjoying the music or C) making honest attempts at the music, you're not fit to play any instrument. Music is your baby, now nurture it and watch it melt faces.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Reccomend me a Jazz song to learn.
I think an accomplished musician is one who learns all the styles so that they can play them without too much hassle.

I dunno, I'm in the middle of it to though
Quote by rafa7008
Mr. Ego has left the building.

Good.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
1) You can only play different styles of music if you practice different styles of music. That's all there is to it. You can't spend your entire time on guitar playing blues and expect to just pick up and play a metal solo.

2) The drive to be better comes from the drive to play the music you love. If you don't love what you play you'll never feel that push to do what you do better. You can sit down and hammer rocks all day, but that doesn't mean you're a sculpture artist.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Code-E
Reccomend me a Jazz song to learn.
I think an accomplished musician is one who learns all the styles so that they can play them without too much hassle.

I dunno, I'm in the middle of it to though

Fingerpicking My Favourite Things.
That kicked my arse into gear, elarned it coupel of years ago. I always liked jazz though so melody is a big thign for me, I can crack solos, yet get me to play metal rhythms and I'll lag.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by chrtes
One. Before I quit taking my guitar lessons my teacher told me that just because someone is really good at guitar doesn't mean that they can play everything well. I thought that if I could play stuff like megadeth and slayer, you know metal I would be good enough to play anything but I found out I was wrong soon enough. Jazz is hard lol. Do you think an accomplished musician can play different styles without to much hassle?

Two.My teacher also taught me that its not about begin better, its about enjoying the music. But I always feel like if I cant play advanced stuff I suck. Is that a normal depression that guitarist go through with there axe?

It depends like buckethead can play whatever you throw at him i'm sure but when it comes to humans like me I have to really practice to get a different genre down.
Quote by Jaykib
Fingerpicking My Favourite Things.
That kicked my arse into gear, elarned it coupel of years ago. I always liked jazz though so melody is a big thign for me, I can crack solos, yet get me to play metal rhythms and I'll lag.

Thanks man!
Quote by chrtes

No, that means you're good at Megadeth and Slayer. I play Megadeth, too, that doesn't make me a good blues guitarist.
You're*