Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to the forums (HI!!! ) and I've got a question. I don't know much about guitar gear and stuff like that.

I've been playng for almost 4 years and right now I play an Ibanez GSA60 with a line6 spider III amp. I'm planning on getting a new guitar and trying to keep it under $500. I really enjoy playing metal. I mean really really heavy stuff like Carnifex or As Blood Runs Black.

So, what kind of guitar should I get and what should be on it? Or, what should I be looking for on a guitar to get some really heavy distortion?

Thanks in advance :]
You've been registered since 06, and you're new to the forums?

well anywasy, instead of a new guitar you should get a new (and better) amp
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
All I can say is your first guitar was my first guitar, is yours black? But anyway, I would get maybe something with EMG's in them, the 81 for the bridge and 60 for the neck. Or if you don't want the Active pickups get the passive EMG's, they provide good crunch and clear sounds. Schecter or Jackson pretty much :p
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
YOu should be looking for a new amp. People here arent too fond of spider series.
But a new tube combo will improve your sound much better than a new guitar.
Try craigslist and look for used peaveys and mesas.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Yup this Ibanez is my first guitar. It's a dark blue one.

Lol I know i've been registered since 06 but I think I only posted once and I forgot what it was...

Is Spider series not good? I bought it at Guitar Center and they told me it was a good amp. Before I had a Marshall (which I loved) but it got stolen out of our band room (someone got high and pawned it off :[ ).

So the pickups in the guitar is what gives it sound like different sounds? Couldn't I just switch out the pickups i have now and get new ones and that would be the same? Or get a new amp lol.
Quote by Bubblewrap240
Yup this Ibanez is my first guitar. It's a dark blue one.

Lol I know i've been registered since 06 but I think I only posted once and I forgot what it was...

Is Spider series not good? I bought it at Guitar Center and they told me it was a good amp. Before I had a Marshall (which I loved) but it got stolen out of our band room (someone got high and pawned it off :[ ).

So the pickups in the guitar is what gives it sound like different sounds? Couldn't I just switch out the pickups i have now and get new ones and that would be the same? Or get a new amp lol.

Here's the break down of your sound

Amp and effects = 50%

Guitar wood = 10%

Pickups = 15%

Individula playing = 25%
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!