#1
I was always wondering all my life. why my Yamaha Pacifica 012 always shocked me when i played it and had a horrible buzz. I thought it was the mg before buying my Epiphone g-400. Then i thought it was the Pacifica sucking. Then i was reading threads and learned about "Grounding wires". So is it the grounding wire or do i suck.

sorry about grammar. i didn't really read over that much
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
#2
If it goes away when you touch the strings or bridge, probably.
The wire runs from the volume pot to the trem block at the back of the guitar (will probably be a thin redwire). Check the back of the guitar first, then if necessary take off the pickguard and check the volume pot.
#3
Quote by kyle62
If it goes away when you touch the strings or bridge, probably.
The wire runs from the volume pot to the trem block at the back of the guitar (will probably be a thin redwire). Check the back of the guitar first, then if necessary take off the pickguard and check the volume pot.


the buzzing goes away when i touch my bridge but i still get shocked. And it looks like the solder came off but there is a bit sticking some wire to the spring place
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
#4
Quote by Felttoaster
the buzzing goes away when i touch my bridge but i still get shocked. And it looks like the solder came off but there is a bit sticking some wire to the spring place


Shocked?

Bloody hell, lucky you're not using a 100W valve amp I guess. That might indicate a problem with the power/wiring in your house as well, or possibly the amp itself.
Make sure that wire is well attached to the spring plate, resolder if necessary.