So i went to both Guitar Center and Sam Ash today to check out a compression pedal, and just my luck neither of them stock them at all. Or much in the way of bass excessories In fact, when i asked the sales reps, they gave me a look as if i asked them for a Fish Pedal.

So im just gonna go ahead and buy one off the internet, and i was curious if anyone could suggest a compression device for me. I looked at the FAQ, and theres only 2 on the list, and one of them is a Behringer =P For the time being lets just say price isnt a problem.

Thanks in advance!
Behringer's pedals arn't band... untill you step on them

The Boss Limiter Enhancer is great, I'm in the market for one of them at the moment.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
If you're looking to even out your sound, check out the Boss Limiter Enhancer. As far as compression, it may or may not be the sound you want and you won't know unless you try it yourself, but it's great at keeping slaps at a reasonable volume and it evens out the notes quite well.
Atrec makes a comp thats works great for bass. It has a knob labeled ( hiss ) when you turn it up all the way it acts like a limiter. So comp and limiter in one pedal. Pretty damn cool..
ashdown dual band compressor
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by roto_pluker
Atrec makes a comp thats works great for bass. It has a knob labeled ( hiss ) when you turn it up all the way it acts like a limiter. So comp and limiter in one pedal. Pretty damn cool..

I think he meant Artec. I have an Artec tuner and can vouch for their reliability and good contruction.

I use the BBE OptoStomp. It's a nice, transparent compressor with little effect on tone (slight mid boost tho), increases sustain and really helps with level'ing stuff out. Means I can now attack the strings really hard during certain parts of songs to get that "hard attack" sound without ruining the levels.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
For the longest time I wanted a DBX rack-mount compressor, use em at work for bass and vocals (I'm a live sound tech) and thought it would be great to have my own. Then i realized the Digitech bass squeeze uses the same digital compression algorithm without having to pay for a second channel (the DBX rack units only come in dual channel). You can find em new from musician's friend or used on ebay at pretty good prices, just get the power supply too, since they only give 3-4 hours off a 9 volt
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
Quote by ZaccB
Behringer's pedals arn't bad... untill you step on them

My Behringer OD/Dist pedal has lasted over a year.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
My Behringer OD/Dist pedal has lasted over a year.

he meant they sound ok until you turn them on
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ZaccB
Behringer's pedals arn't band... untill you step on them

Don't be so stupid.

The bypass sucks as well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Don't be so stupid.

The bypass sucks as well.

Am I missing something here. My Behringer sounds good.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
Am I missing something here. My Behringer sounds good.

I doubt it. I was making a stupid generalisation about their quality. trust your own ears when it comes to tone. Listen to others when it comes to reliability and design flaws.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I had a dbx 266xl... and it was horrible. It sucked my tone out completely, and rather than compressing, it just made stuttering noises.