I met a man who claimed his girlfriend was pregnant, and he needed groceries and diapers to stock up on, and that he needed my help.

I was asked to make a return of a few purchases to a department store for him; since the items were allegedly gifted to him from his mother he had no receipt.

I thought about it. And decided everything he told me waqs bull****. But I agreed to help, because I was not to be in a situation of which to be held legally responsible if the items were indeed stolen, for example;

"I need to make a return"

"these items are shoplifted"
"well, I didn't obtain them, I thought these were christmas presents of my friends, he asked me to return them becuase he has no id."

Since I didn't steal the ****, there's no proof of me stealing it, therefore, any story I have for why I have stolen merchandise in my possesion is viable, as long as I don't attmept to leave with it.

So I made the return, and got a gift card. I gave my aquaintance the gift card and he paid me for my efforts.

He then sold the thing to someone working at a gas station, drove back to the store he got it at, canceled it saying he lost it, and got another one, renderring the original useless, and selling the second card as well.

This is how the dude makes all of his money. And he's been doing it without consequence for some time now, because he has a nice house, car, ps3 plasma tv and all name brand ****.

The way he was getting the items to return was simply walking into stores, with bags in his pocket, loading a cart full of merchandise, then bagging the items while no one was watching.

Then asking someone to talk to the people at the door as he left.

Whats the point of this? The point is "holy ****! somebody found a way to live off of shoplifting!"

It is rather ballsy.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Blackmail him by saying youll call the five-o

Now theres a way to make money

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
Blackmail him by saying youll call the five-o

Now theres a way to make money

or get shot.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
how do you think he lived before Crank Dat?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by sSyLc
or get shot.

In the face. With a gun.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by greyfade
I met a man who claimed his girlfriend was pregnant, and he needed groceries and diapers to stock up on, and that he needed my help.

I was asked to make a return of a few purchases to a department store for him; since the items were allegedly gifted to him from his mother he had no receipt.

I thought about it. And decided everything he told me waqs bull****. But I agreed to help, because I was not to be in a situation of which to be held legally responsible if the items were indeed stolen, for example;

"I need to make a return"

"these items are shoplifted"
"well, I didn't obtain them, I thought these were christmas presents of my friends, he asked me to return them becuase he has no id."

Since I didn't steal the ****, there's no proof of me stealing it, therefore, any story I have for why I have stolen merchandise in my possesion is viable, as long as I don't attmept to leave with it.

So I made the return, and got a gift card. I gave my aquaintance the gift card and he paid me for my efforts.

He then sold the thing to someone working at a gas station, drove back to the store he got it at, canceled it saying he lost it, and got another one, renderring the original useless, and selling the second card as well.

This is how the dude makes all of his money. And he's been doing it without consequence for some time now, because he has a nice house, car, ps3 plasma tv and all name brand ****.

The way he was getting the items to return was simply walking into stores, with bags in his pocket, loading a cart full of merchandise, then bagging the items while no one was watching.

Then asking someone to talk to the people at the door as he left.

Whats the point of this? The point is "holy ****! somebody found a way to live off of shoplifting!"

he's stealing a lot of other **** besides gift cards if he has a house
i worked at a grocery store for the last 3.5 years.

we caught several people doing this while i worked there.
theres this one kid i no of whos a klepto and steals tv's for fun with a recipt scam at walmart. i think his family is rich, he just likes to steal. i wouldnt call theft a subculture, just a thing people do, and it is very common, just go on Craigslist. my buddy is Russian and they have soooo much **** theyve stolen, especially cars. i think everone has that friend with the "crazy cousin who steals cars" though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subculture
I don't get how it works?

Why haven't they caught him on the way out of the store for shoplifting?
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Kinda like the guys at the front of the theater who ask you to return fist fulls of ticket stubs for them.

He'll get caught eventually,
like that one kid who said he got out of walmart with the full rock band box
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
I don't get how it works?

Why haven't they caught him on the way out of the store for shoplifting?

I don't know dude, thats the thing , nobody bats an eyelash if the scanners dont beep and your ****s in bags.

I guess there either isn't anyone watching the cameras, or they don't care, or they REALLY suck at their job.
What a conincidence I've discovered an asshole. And on the UG boards no less.
**** you. **** all of you.
Quote by greyfade
I don't know dude, thats the thing .

you can steal things and get past scanners easily as long as you dont take anything that has the type of sticker that sets off the door scanner
it's not the barcode or anything it's a little plastic label with a piece of metal inside it
and they usually only put them on high priced things
Quote by daytripper75
i worked at a grocery store for the last 3.5 years.

we caught several people doing this while i worked there.

might I inquire how
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
this is really not uncommon at all.

Yeah, I've heard of people walking in with bags in their pockets and trying to load stuff into the bags inside the store, but the gift card thing is an idea I've never heard, that's pretty clever.

But as someone who works in retail, I wish you'd do the right thing and report this guy. It's because of people like him that I only make $7.65/hour and the store I work for won't let me have full-time (because that would mean benefits).