Tomorow im going to two guitar stores to try out amps.

These are the only stores in my area for miles and they dont sell very many brands. Im looking for a tube or solidstate amp. Solidstate about 20 - 40W and Tube 30W and under.

I play all different kinds of music from metal to John Mayer stuff and alot of Guns N Roses, So I would need to have good cleans and good destortion on the amp. I will be buying effect pedals in the near future too. My budget is about 500 dollars and under.

The thing is the stores dont sell very many brands and Ive looked through the catologue and still dont know what to try out. The brands that these stores sell are Ibanez, Ashton, Fender, Hiwatt, Marshall, Line 6, Mesa Boogie, Krank, Crate, ENGL, Legacy, Genz - Benz, Roland and Ampeg.

Could you please suggest me some amps from those companys that fit what I have asked for, so I can try them out tomorow?

Mesa, Fender, Ampeg, and Marshal are all good for what you play, but you can't just go on a brand name. You have to try (or at least I did) alot of amps before finding the right one.

BTW

DO NOT buy a Line 6 Spider OR a Marshal MG. They look to good to be true because they ARE. Other than that...

Good Luck mate
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Thanks guys.

Thing is, The Crate V33 and the Line 6 flextone all go for around $1000. Im in Australia.
crate v series are good, but although this is the standard response, I recommend you look for used gear.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by Yan Yan
Thanks guys.

Thing is, The Crate V33 and the Line 6 flextone all go for around $1000. Im in Australia.

Well, you are SOL, sorry to say.

Just gotta keep saving because if those cost that much, you have a long way to go.
Shit on a log.

Quote by al112987
**** out of luck.

Or this.

Is there any gear is Aus that is cheaper there than the rest of the world?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Jan 4, 2009,
Basically ill just go hunting for specials and maybe if I can, stretch my budget to about 700 dollars?

I hate Australia when it comes to guitar gear.

I will help you look seeming i am an aussie ill search ebay, nothing on craiglist... never anything on craiglist.

Found a Laney TFX 300 combo (120watts lul) for $599
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 4, 2009,
all is well, find something?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by slickerthnsleek