im looking into luthier schools and was wondering

are there any certain places i should look into specifically?
i see a bunch on Google and such but just want to know if any are more renown than others or anything
GEAR
Fender American Jazz Standard Bass
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Peavy Max 700 Bass Amp w/ Peavy Pro 410 Bass Cab
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
dont waste your money, just be a woodworkers apprentice and buy a guitar building book, much cheaper and you will learn way more ****. i went to one, wasted my money, i didnt learn ****. you can learn way more on here and with a woodworker than you ever will in a school.
Quote by LP Addict
dont waste your money, just be a woodworkers apprentice and buy a guitar building book, much cheaper and you will learn way more ****. i went to one, wasted my money, i didnt learn ****. you can learn way more on here and with a woodworker than you ever will in a school.

any advice other than that?

EDIT: and what if you dont know any woodworkers?
GEAR
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
find one, call furniture shops, put an ad in he news paper, its not hard to find one, they are pretty plentiful. luthier schools dont teach you anything about woodworking, just how to make a guitar, if you know woodworking you can make one hell of a guitar, thats the difference between a painted piece of crap body and a beautiful multi-laminated guitar made out of all sorts of pretty woods.
Quote by LP Addict
find one, call furniture shops, put an ad in he news paper, its not hard to find one, they are pretty plentiful. luthier schools dont teach you anything about woodworking, just how to make a guitar, if you know woodworking you can make one hell of a guitar, thats the difference between a painted piece of crap body and a beautiful multi-laminated guitar made out of all sorts of pretty woods.

what about electronics and such?
is that where the books come in?
GEAR
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
The best way (short of being a luthier's apprentice) is probably just to practice, I mean, grab a guitar building book for your first one, but then just experiment after that... Woodworking doesn't seem to be all that complicated, it just seems to require a high degree of skill and patience.

I should mention that I've never built a guitar, so my advice is probably worthless lol
the wiring is extremely easy, you can find diagrams everywhere, the only thing a school is going to do is make you memorize them, but tell you "always wire with a diagram just in case" so its really a contradiction, and its retarded. i learned so much more from a rocking chair builder than i ever did at guitar school. woodworking is quite complicated, people seem to forget that wood is organic, it moves, shrinks, expands, warps, especially if not worked properly.
Quote by LP Addict
the wiring is extremely easy, you can find diagrams everywhere, the only thing a school is going to do is make you memorize them, but tell you "always wire with a diagram just in case" so its really a contradiction, and its retarded. i learned so much more from a rocking chair builder than i ever did at guitar school. woodworking is quite complicated, people seem to forget that wood is organic, it moves, shrinks, expands, warps, especially if not worked properly.

very true.
so its just basic wiring pretty much if i have a diagram?
i just need to know how to sauder wires and ****?
GEAR
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
Quote by LP Addict
its real easy, all of that stuff you can find on google or on here. just use the search bar.

alright cool.
you care if i add your aim for any questions later?
GEAR
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
Quote by LP Addict
just message me on here, i dont really use aim, i always get a hundred messages and i never respond haha i feel bad.

cool sounds good ill "ug friend you"
woohoo
GEAR
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
Quote by LP Addict

good advice
My dad is a well known cabinetmaker and he has taught me about woodworking all my life. Building guitars is mostly woodworking the rest you can learn from books and the internet. I would recommend buying every book on guitar building there is and the guitar player repair guide if your serious.If your building electrics there's not many books on it so it should be easy. For acoustics there's a lot but it's nice to have all the info you can get. I'm going to be building an acoustic and bought 3 books on it and had the library find a bunch of other ones since I'm low on money, I'll buy them some other time.