Is there or has there ever been a band that has a rhythm and lead bassist? OR are there any songs written (professional) that have a rhythm and lead bass. If so, I'd like to see a youtube link or something.
THE BNAD MOLOTOV HAVE TO BASSISTS I DONW EXACTLY WHATS THEIR ROLL. and theres A VENEZUELAN BAND CALLED VINOLOVERSUS THATS HAVE A MYSPACE THAT HAVE TO BASSISTS.
Ruinas Circulares
Death From Above 1979 just has a bassist and a drummer.

That's all that comes to mind really.

Lots of bands have bass solos, but I can't think of anything exactly like you're asking for.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
i'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but if you want some really sick lead bass, check out Jaco Pastorius's debut album.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
^Come On, Come Over

Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
or "Portraits of Tracy"

but also check out other jazz/fusion bass players, for example Stanley Clarke.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
not sure if its really leading but Les from Primus completely overshadows their guitarist
Quote by schaden
not sure if its really leading but Les from Primus completely overshadows their guitarist

I disagree, most of the time Les plays really hard rhythm parts that are really amazing technically but are really simple sonically, especially compared to the weird **** Ler does.
Quote by TheAmericanRuse
Check out the Dirtbombs. They have two bassists. One plays fuzz.

+100000000

One of the best bands around imo.

Ko, the bassist that plays Fuzz uses bass, baritones and guitars though. They are really unique. They've got 2 drummers as well.
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by ze monsta
+100000000

One of the best bands around imo.

Ko, the bassist that plays Fuzz uses bass, baritones and guitars though. They are really unique. They've got 2 drummers as well.

i've seen them 5 times in the last 9 months or so. and i've hung out with them quite a few times.
Ned's Atomic Dustbin have two bassists.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.