Hey, I've been playing guitar for several years now, and I used to mostly stick to metal bands that have a lot of drop D power chord fests. Anyway, that's gotten boring, and I am a much more skilled guitarist now than I was when I started that. Now I want to learn some much more technical songs, so I've resolved to finally start learning some songs by my favorite band, Protest the Hero.

Now, this is a big step up in required skill to play these songs, so I'm wondering if anyone who plays any of their stuff could happen to offhand know what some of their more simple songs to learn are. I figure start with the easy things to get the hang of the style, THEN work towards the more crazy songs that I love.
Um, bull****! Listen to the shred on "Fortress" and tell me that this isn't a metal band.

Also, some "Kezia" songs would be easier than say the "Fortress" material. Listen for an easy one in that album.
Quote by Dementer
Um, bull****! Listen to the shred on "Fortress" and tell me that this isn't a metal band.

Also, some "Kezia" songs would be easier than say the "Fortress" material. Listen for an easy one in that album.

They're very obviously a metalcore band, a good one, but metalcore. They are not allowed in this forum, so stfu and read the stickies.
Quote by Dementer

Once you listen to metal for more than one year, you can tell what is metal and what is not. Over 100 pages: ask here.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816999&page=1&pp=20&highlight=Protest+the+Hero