What's the difference between a dual rectifier and a triple rectifier amp? Also, do people use a preamp with a regular amphead, and why... to get more distortion or what? Or is it strictly for use with a power amp.

Thanks.
Dual is 100 watts and triple is 150. Not sure how to answer the rest of your question. Go to the stickys in Guitar Gear and Ass. section
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
Dual is 100 watts and triple is 150. Not sure how to answer the rest of your question. Go to the stickys in Guitar Gear and Ass. section

Yeah Dual Rec = 100w, Triple is 150w. There's also only 2 channels on a dual, 3 on a triple.

No people don't use a preamp, heads are a preamp/power amp already. You'd use an over drive pedal for more gain.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
As I read more of the stickies around the forum I realize how much of an idiot I sound to you guys haha. Thanks for the respect.

So standalone rack preamps such as the triaxis are supposed to be used to record as a direct link, and during live situations used with a power amp to boost the signal? Would the Mesa TriAxis or Mesa Rectifier Preamp make the same tone you'd get from a Mesa Triple Rect head?
You don't sound stupid at all, we all started some where lol.

Would a TriAxis get the same tone? Honestly I've never used one so I'm not sure about that.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."