Page 1 of 2
Well I just got a cut shaving that was so bloody deep. Blood was almost squirting out of this thing. It was bleeding for an hour and I searched around the internet frantically, trying every possible solution. Eventually I stumbled upon the idea of using anti-prespirant deoderant on the cut because the aluminum clots the blood and almost instantly stops bleeding. Worked like a charm

So my question to you pitmonkeys, is... how do you stop a cut from bleeding?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Put a piece of toilet paper or a tissue on it. Then I wait for the paper to clot it and then pull it off and throw it out. Works like a charm, but you look like an idiot with toilet paper on your face for a bit.
band-aid?

you must be some special form of stupid if you cut yourself shaving...
Quote by burrit0
band-aid?

you must be some special form of stupid if you cut yourself shaving...

Clearly you have never shaved before.
#DTWD
i don't cut myself because i'm not an idiot

although i always get gay razor burn
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Josh Shiells
I use an electric razor; hence, never had any cuts.

I get cuts from electric razors too. And they don't even shave that deeply.
There's aluminum in anti-perspirent deodorant???
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Learning to shave,

Seriously people, in all the years of me shaving my beardliness, I have yet to cut myself with the razor. It's not that damn hard people.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by InvaderTSN
I read this as "How do you stop shaving cats?"

I'm disappointed.

I thought it said How do you stop shaving cunts

Maybe you dont have enough facial hair... either learn to shave with the grain and without too many stokes.. or best to use an electric shaver
Last edited by RazerX at Jan 5, 2009,
Ive only gotten cut once . I just let it bleed though cause i had no clue what to do about it.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by Metal-X
Learning to shave,

Seriously people, in all the years of me shaving my beardliness, I have yet to cut myself with the razor. It's not that damn hard people.

god thank you.
Quote by RazerX
I thought it said How do you stop shaving cunts (rude word for womans vagina)

Maybe you dont have enough facial hair... either learn to shave with the grain and without too many stokes.. or best to use an electric shaver

Did you just define the word cunt?

Nice user name for the thread btw
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Jan 5, 2009,
Whatever. All you superior "I've never cut myself" people can eat a dick. It has nothing to do with skill. If you're just using a dull blade it's bound to happen.
#DTWD
Quote by biga29
Did you just define the word ****?

oh i thought it would have blanked it out
Quote by RazerX
oh i thought it would have blanked it out

ok

oh and one time this dude i know took like the whole first layer of skin off from the middle of his neck to the point of his chin .... he cried.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Jan 5, 2009,
Styptic pencil, homeboy.

Quote by biga29

I believe it's part of the reason you don't sweat when you use it.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by primusfan
Whatever. All you superior "I've never cut myself" people can eat a dick. It has nothing to do with skill. If you're just using a dull blade it's bound to happen.

Seriously man. Do ya really want to go there?

If it's that dull then why are you shaving with it in the first place?
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by SRX700
Styptic pencil, homeboy.

I believe it's part of the reason you don't sweat when you use it.

wat does the aluminum like clog up your pores? why does that make you not sweat??
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Metal-X
Seriously man. Do ya really want to go there?

If it's that dull then why are you shaving with it in the first place?

Yes. I want to see you eat a penis. Litchrally.

Seriously, I don't know whether it's dull or not until I cut myself. That's typically what I do. I keep shaving with one blade until I cut myself and then I switch it out.
#DTWD
I really fail to understand how people cut themselves shaving, I shave every other day using a straight razor and I haven't cut myself since I was like 16.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by primusfan

Seriously, I don't know whether it's dull or not until I cut myself. That's typically what I do. I keep shaving with one blade until I cut myself and then I switch it out.

Well at least you have a sure-fire way of finding out when its dull.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
It's more cost-effective than anything else. I'd rather not switch out a blade until it is absolutely necessary.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

I bet you do. You get off to those kinda things, don'tcha

Can't say I've ever left a blade until it was that dull, but I can generally tell just by the smoothness of the shave.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by biga29

Yeah, it clogs the pores and hence stops the sweat, that's how I understand it works anyway
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I really fail to understand how people cut themselves shaving, I shave every other day using a straight razor and I haven't cut myself since I was like 16.

''Thats my nightmare. Crawling, along the edge...of a straight razor''

Have to agree here only if the blade is choked with hair or something i get cut and its usually the neck but if you hold the neck down tight it should be fine..i use my girlfriends Venus blades they are self lubricating!
Last edited by RazerX at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by primusfan
It's more cost-effective than anything else. I'd rather not switch out a blade until it is absolutely necessary.

But then you have to buy more toilet paper and anti-perspirant deodorant.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Probably because half the people on UG are still 16.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Metal-X
Learning to shave,

This. You're not scraping ice off your windshield, you're shaving.
You're*
Razors, shaving cream, and technique affect your shaving.

Maybe you have sensitive skin? Certain shaving creams/gels will help reduce cuts and razor burn.

Maybe you're using a bad razor? Dull blades won't shave as closely as sharp ones, plus they tend to cut you up. Cheap razors are also likely to cut you, though I don't exactly know why. Just never use the razor that comes with cheap travel kits.

And I hate that people keep mentioning "Shaving with the grain", most people are smart enough to figure out that shaving against it hurts like a mother****er, though I find that I can get a closer shave if I go against the grain after shaving with it.

Another thing is that some people think that pressing harder against your face will make the razor cut closer, but this will only peel your skin if it doesn't cut you up. You always want to shave after a hot shower (though you could also just wash your face with hot water) so that your pores are open. I find that my razor is most effective when I set it in hot water for a moment, it makes shaving like running a hot knife through butter.
Last edited by dudius at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by andychalmers102
Well I just got a cut shaving that was so bloody deep. Blood was almost squirting out of this thing. It was bleeding for an hour and I searched around the internet frantically, trying every possible solution. Eventually I stumbled upon the idea of using anti-prespirant deoderant on the cut because the aluminum clots the blood and almost instantly stops bleeding. Worked like a charm

So my question to you pitmonkeys, is... how do you stop a cut from bleeding?

Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by dudius

And I hate that people keep mentioning "Shaving with the grain", most people are smart enough to figure out that shaving against it hurts like a mother****er, though I find that I can get a closer shave if I go against the grain after shaving with it.

that completely depends on what kind of razor you are using, I always shave against the grain.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2