Does it make you sad leaving people you know really well. Like the friends you've had for years. It sucks that after high school we're leaving each other and won't see one another for maybe ever.

Does that bother you?
Im a freshman and I've thought about that. I'm definitely not looking forward to the day I go off to college and leaving all of the people I've known my whole life. Oh well, the world is a cruel place. And I while rape it in the ass
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
But hey, think about it like this. You have to move on eventually. That's life. Life's about change, nothing ever stays the same.

The sooner you realise that, the easier change becomes, but it's still hard.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

I really don't care because leaving high school is just one step closer to being with my love. Plus, I hate high school.
Quote by Thales
I really don't care because leaving high school is just one step closer to being with my love. Plus, I hate high school.

+1

School also gets in thw way of stuff... e.g. me and my girlfriend.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

It bothers me to leave people anytime. Seriously when people leave and Im all alone it only takes me a minute to get all lonely and depressed. I think I have a touch of autophobia?
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
if you're that good of friends, you will still see them.
███████████████████████████████████
No. Basically everyone that were in elementary school with me are still in the same high school with me.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by sporkface
It bothers me to leave people anytime. Seriously when people leave and Im all alone it only takes me a minute to get all lonely and depressed. I think I have a touch of autophobia?

Yeah, I feel the same way. Over Christmas break I was with somebody every day because it was really painful to not be with anybody totally alone. It sucks.
its a bit scary but once you are over with it its not that bad

if they are real friends you will see them again
if not, you will forget them as soon as you make new friends
Really it wasn't that bad. It's not like you'll never see them again. Plus, you'll find out who your real friends are because the ones that aren't won't bother with you anymore. Other than that, it really never bothered me.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
I just got into highschool here (starts at 10th grade where I live) and I'm realizing that those people who say to cherish your highschool years are right. I began to think how useless it would be to bitch my whole way though it. Yes, there are douches in highschool, and you just got to ignore them.

I know it's really cliche, but I will try my best to cherish these three short years. I'll make more friends, learn, have fun, get laid, and if anyone tries to stop me I'll punch their face in.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by msuspartan
Im a freshman and I've thought about that. I'm definitely not looking forward to the day I go off to college and leaving all of the people I've known my whole life. Oh well, the world is a cruel place. And I while rape it in the ass

same. minus the ass raping thing. i will just bitch slap the world.
I think after a while you don't feel the same way, meaning you're not sad any more. Many times high school friendships are only about convenience and are sustained by the school environment, but if you're really good friends then it's easier to stay in touch.
That's how I felt leaving high school, and I'm still good friends with the people I wanted to be.
Obviously it does. It's part of growing up and you just have to deal with it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Iamafunguy
Yeah, I feel the same way. Over Christmas break I was with somebody every day because it was really painful to not be with anybody totally alone. It sucks.

Lucky, i was alone most of Christmas break cause my dad doesnt like me spending every waking minute with my gf and shes really the only person I hang with anymore.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
yeah, my friends in high school were all really close. two of them i had known and gone to school with since pre-school (so more or less my whole life up to that point), and others had been with us for nearly as long. 3 years later, i still get to hang out with a few of them semi-regularly, a couple others i get to see occasionally, and three that i almost never see. we often fondly reminisce about the 'good ol' days' but we have also all moved on. the important thing is take life as it comes and do what's best for you. and don't get too upset about something that is inevitable.
Sure. I'm in my senior year, and I know that me and my closest group of friends will lose contact at least somewhat after high school. Two of the five of us are staying another semester, one is going on exchange, and the other two of us are going to different universities.

enjoy it while it lasts kids
This exact sentiment is about to happen to me tomorrow. One of my closest friend will be shipping off to Afghanistan for 16 months for active duty. It's really painful knowing that I may very well never see him again.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by siskoX
its a bit scary but once you are over with it its not that bad

if they are real friends you will see them again
if not, you will forget them as soon as you make new friends

siskoX nailed it. Nowadays, it just keeps getting easier to keep in touch too, so don't worry too much. Your true and best friends will always be there.
It did bother me, and you really realize who your real friends are. However, you will make many more, so don't worry.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Iamafunguy

woah...I'm the opposite. I spent pretty much the whole break by myself.

I am looking forward to leaving high school. I know a lot of cool people here, but the vast majority of kids I have to share the school with are complete tools who I would really love to leave behind. Not that I'm expecting college to be much different, at least it will be a shiny new set of tools.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
All my friends who are seniors, I'll definitely miss them. It's gonna suck really bad. They dread it, and I know when I'm a senior I'll dread it too. Hopefully some of my friends will go to the same college with me though.
Funny. I was just talking to a friend who I haven't seen in a year right now.

Sometimes it feels good to catch up.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Tehzekester
All my friends who are seniors, I'll definitely miss them. It's gonna suck really bad. They dread it, and I know when I'm a senior I'll dread it too. Hopefully some of my friends will go to the same college with me though.

+1.

I have a lot of really good friends in the senior class this year.

Seeing them leave is going to be horrible.

They'll be back for visits though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
yeah I miss a lot of my friends from HS,m though I still talk to a few of them online, I went to a boarding school, so it was even worse since none of my friends from there are from anywhere near where I live.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
woah...I'm the opposite. I spent pretty much the whole break by myself.

I am looking forward to leaving high school. I know a lot of cool people here, but the vast majority of kids I have to share the school with are complete tools who I would really love to leave behind. Not that I'm expecting college to be much different, at least it will be a shiny new set of tools.

It will be different and you will love it (despite having to work much harder etc). I didn't like high school and I didn't miss anyone either, mainly because those I actually liked ended up going to the same college as me (well most of them anyways). I will never forget being one of the first people to speed out of the parking lot after graduation. Seriously, I hauled ass and never looked back.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
It will be different and you will love it (despite having to work much harder etc). I didn't like high school and I didn't miss anyone either, mainly because those I actually liked ended up going to the same college as me (well most of them anyways). I will never forget being one of the first people to speed out of the parking lot after graduation. Seriously, I hauled ass and never looked back.

sounds good

My mind is going. I can feel it.
if you're really good friends with them you'll definitely stay in touch so don't worry about that. and personally i dont think life starts to get really enjoyable till after high school, so even if you lose contact with some of them you'll be enjoyin other things
No, not really. I have a good number of friends in high school, and I guess i'll miss them naturally, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's part of college for me, and i'm excited about it.

Although one of my good friends is going to Baghdad August 19th. I'll miss him a lot. I guess it's different.
Who dat?
I'm really only close to one of my friends from high school, and it sucks not seeing him often. The only time it makes me sad, though, is when we're both home and I ask him to hang out and he doesn't want to/doesn't respond. As for my other friends, it's cool seeing them so that I have something to do when I'm home, but when I'm at school I don't think about them very often.

I'm actually kind of the opposite of this thread. I've been home from school for two and a half weeks and I really miss the people there, whereas I can be away from home for a month and a half and not really miss anyone. I think it's because I know my college friends better since we spend so much time together, whereas in high school I really didn't hang out with people outside of school except in the summer.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
the worst part for me, was after high school i went to college far away, and all my friends stayed close to home. when i came back that summer, all of my friends were really close, and i felt really left out. then i moved to a new college and left all my new friends. and now im getting close to graduating college, and i will leave all of them.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Welcome to becoming an adult my friend, the best time of your life has ended...your teenage years when you have nothing to worry about and that mommy and daddy must stop taking care of you

Now you go into adulthood and learn to become independant...the fright of losing your friends confirms this.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Last edited by Siro78 at Jan 5, 2009,