Ok, I've been having a bit of a Dilemma here with guitars lately.

Now, this is my list of Guitars:
A ****ty classical beginner guitar.
Epihone AJ200SCE Acoustic 06' Model
Epiphone Les Paul Custom 06' Model
Fender Squire Strat 06' Model I think
And a some Ibanez guitar or something thats actually a beginner guitar (but I like it for some reason) and belongs to my younger bro.

So, now my mate is selling his Jackson King V guitar to me for $400 AU. Now I've heard that it has very, very good sound, I'm going to go test it out before I buy it.

Now my parents keep on telling me I have enough guitars and I don't need and my dad is saying save up for a Gibson or something (which is not what I actually want, price doesn't matter to me.)

I've thought of the idea of selling my squire but I'm too attached to it, and it feels really comfortable so I might put better pickups in it later on.

So should I get it, or should I save up for something I really want, like this? Because a seven string is what I really need.

The guitar is a really good offer too so what do I do?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Id say if you want the gibson get the gibson you shouldnt settle just to get another guitar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Id say if you want the gibson get the gibson you shouldnt settle just to get another guitar

I agree. Gibson > Jackson.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

That 7 String you presented isn't the highest caliber for the cash honestly.

If you like that cheepo Ibane than youd probably love a high quality one such as this...
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S7320-Electric-Guitar?sku=512509
And if you don't like the pickups you have excess money compared to the Dean that you can spend.
Now my parents keep on telling me I have enough guitars and I don't need and my dad is saying save up for a Gibson or something (which is not what I actually want, price doesn't matter to me.)

He doesnt want a gibson people.
He wants a 7 string of some sort.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 5, 2009,
To the 2 people above saying Gibson. Did you actually read TS's post? His DAD wants him to get a gibson not TS.

TS wants a Dean.

TS save up for the Dean if you want that + you have a lot of other guitars already, that would be a nice addition.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I would take the Jackson hands down, but that just suits my musical taste better. It's all about what type of sound you want and what type of music you enjoy playing.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by xxdarrenxx
To the 2 people above saying Gibson. Did you actually read TS's post? His DAD wants him to get a gibson not TS.

TS wants a Dean.

TS save up for the Dean if you want that + you have a lot of other guitars already, that would be a nice addition.

Well I only read about half of the OP
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well I only read about half of the OP

Id make it a note in the future not to do that.

Advice is a lot like school.
You need to know more that 50%
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Id make it a note in the future not to do that.

Advice is a lot like school.
You need to know more that 50%

Agreed but my advice still stands save up for what you want cause if you settle your gonna be dissapointed later
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
[BurnTheDusk].

And also I'm going to try out the Jackson first and if I really like it, I will get it, otherwise save, save, save.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

I agree with that if you really like the jackson go for it but if your kinda on the fence save up
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Dimster Ds
Well, I really want a good metal sound, thats what I really want.

No, I don't want the Gibson, mainly because it's a bitch to play up 18+ frets.

And I can buy something else, that Dean has everything I want, it might not be the final thing but yeah. I'm still going to look around, [BurnTheDusk].

And also I'm going to try out the Jackson first and if I really like it, I will get it, otherwise save, save, save.

Oh why thank you

Can i ask what you want in a guitar.
Be as picky and adsact as possible.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Oh why thank you

Can i ask what you want in a guitar.
Be as picky and adsact as possible.
Well, ok, this is going to take some time... (READ THE WHOLE POST!!!)

I want a really decent seven string Guitar.

Concerning the body, I worry a bit about the aesthetics, white or black would be awesome. EMGs are optional as I never had them, but I play a lot of metal so yeah.

The neck would be good if it was thin, had high fret access (no guitar bodys in the way...), 24 frets. Also a neck through neck would be great.

Also a double locking OFR would be great (LFR will do), and also really, REALLY good tunings heads, I'm sick of my guitars going out of tune and not being able to accurately tune it (be able to tune smoothly, not in steps.)

I wanted a abstract guitar shape because I am really annoyed by the common shapes on guitar i see all the time and it would be just being able to look at that Dean and think of it's awesomeness.

But I am worried about the sound besides the aesthetics, as long as it has a good metal tone, thats great. Also if I have to settle with and Ibanez, that'll be fine too, the body shape is not very high on my priority list.

And thats all I can think of right now.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

How much money do you have at the moment?
There is a Shecter Loomis 7 string over at melband for $800ono .... it has no pickups though. If you bought that and put some pickups in it down the track you would have an AWESOME 7 string for about $1100 if you shopped carefully. If you don't wish to save up that much I seriously think you should consider the Ibanez RG 7321, a killer guitar with a great neck, slays the **** out of the other 7 strings in its price range + its easy to find in Aus .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD