Page 1 of 2
All my leads are ****ing ****. I'm so frustrated. They have all fallen apart. Even ones with seemingly solid connections are crackly or flat out don't work. So, I went, and after a little research bought another cable that seemed solid.

I get it home, plug it in, nothing. Upon further inspection the jack is bent, and sunken into the socket. I can't be bothered with this crap anymore.

I need a cable that will work, and continue to work. I don't even gig and these cables break. And I'm not even moving around with them! Also, no to planet wave's branded ones. I have had just as much bad luck with these too.

So. Best leads, that aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Thanks
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
In my opinion, Mogami is the best. It is a little pricey, but well worth it. You will also have people telling you that every other cable is the best too. its all personal op.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
People are raving about Cleartone cable,but I haven't checked them out yet. Better yet, you can make your own cables!
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Monster cables get alot of hatred around here for their price and advertizing however they have a lifetime warranty. If they even start to fail you can just take them back to the shop and swap it out for free without even showing a receipt. The cables themselves are great cables, solidly built, and even though they are overpriced the warranty makes it the last cable you will buy since you can replace them as many times as needed.
ive had good experiences with yorkville cables, is it the end that you plug into your guitar that is getting broken? try to not sit your guitar on your couch or whatever against the cord...
also try to find a cord with a 90 degree end, plug that end into your guitar so the rest of the cord is facing upwards, and route it in above your strap holder (so your strap holds it in place) then plug it in, i have mine like this and i have never broke a cord
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Couldn't find the others mentioned, except monster and mogami.

Mogami seems awesome. I can also get it with a 90 degree angle which seems like a good idea. How much are they usually? like 30 US or something for a 6 metre?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
There probably is one cable make out there that is the absolute best, but since cables are a one, maybe 2 time purchase kinda thing, no ones gonna try out all of them. We'll never truly know which one is the best.

Your best bet is just divide your cable budget by 2, and buy 2 of the most expensive cable below that number. You'll always want a backup, no matter what, so yeah.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
i use fender for my pod to amp and a planet waves from my guitar to pod
Try Mogamis you won't be disappointed.

(If you have already tried them, I'm sorry )
Yeah I'll probably go with the Mogamis They seem to get good reviews. Would i be better off getting a straight jack or a 90 degree one? Or is it just personal preference?
Quote by sashki
What kind of cables are you using now?

I should probably get some better cables cause I hear higher priced cables can really make a difference in sound, but my Livewires and Monster cables have never died on me, and both have lifetime warranties
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Not even sure of the brand of the first ones. I've had them a while. I think they were a generic brand. But as for the other one, it was planet waves.
Quote by sashki
Quote by guitar-godfrey
just make your own cables, much easier...
cost of 2 mono plugs $2-3
cost of mic cable $2-5 per meter...
how easy is that?

Cheaper than that. You can get plugs for 1-2 bucks, and you can buy Canare cable for around 75 cents per foot. George L cable can also be had for around a dollar per foot.

If you don't want to make your own, I recommend these ones:
http://www.deathvalleycablecompany.com/index.htm
I got my 20ft. Mogami cable for $28. Sweet deal IMO. They are known for being able to transmit yourguitar's signal as is, without coloring the sound or enhancing/limiting certain frequencies. I believe many professional studios use them exclusively.
^At 39.7 pF/foot, there are other cables than the Mogami 2524 that have lower capacitance, and thus, "without coloration or dulling tone". Canare's capacitance is about the same, maybe a tiny bit less - I forget. George L's is supposedly 19 pF/foot.
However, low capacitance isn't always the answer. Sometimes, it's too much high end. And besides, it really isn't that big a factor until you start running really long cables, like 40-60 feet in your total rig.
Mogami cables are about 50 AUS...and the DVCC ones you suggested seem to be a little more expensive. They also talk about the warranty by saying things like "warranty is void if you pull it out by the cable" They could easily say this is how the cable broke and then I'd be screwed.

I'd also have to wait until they made it. Are the death valley ones better?
Quote by sashki
Quote by forsaknazrael
Cheaper than that. You can get plugs for 1-2 bucks, and you can buy Canare cable for around 75 cents per foot. George L cable can also be had for around a dollar per foot.

If you don't want to make your own, I recommend these ones:
http://www.deathvalleycablecompany.com/index.htm

i was talking in aussie dollars, from dick smith or jaycar.
i had the same problem. then i bought a planet wave. i know you dont mention them but they come with a lifetime warranty so it will be the last cable you buy at 10GBP. also good sound my others have pre amped tyhe effects before.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by forsaknazrael
^At 39.7 pF/foot, there are other cables than the Mogami 2524 that have lower capacitance, and thus, "without coloration or dulling tone". Canare's capacitance is about the same, maybe a tiny bit less - I forget. George L's is supposedly 19 pF/foot.
However, low capacitance isn't always the answer. Sometimes, it's too much high end. And besides, it really isn't that big a factor until you start running really long cables, like 40-60 feet in your total rig.

Yeah some of it has to do with capacitance and for myself, it's an issue at around 6 feet of cable.
Check out some of the cables that have a lifetime warranty. Then, if they break on you, you can send them off and get them replaced for free. I do this, but any of my cables are yet to break on me.
i like planet wave ones lifetime warranty not overly priced but i like them
IRON MAIDEN
8th Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia

Quote by SatanicShredder
One time I shat on the floor on janitor appreciation day.

Wasn't even caught.

Certificate in Music Industry 2, 3 & 4
I use Monster Cable, they sound pretty good
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Yeh those 90 degree jack cables are alot stronger... but they dont work in strat dishes

Quote by DaveM666
I personally like these cables called Pirahna cables, they're an american company I think, cost me about £15 each

Yeh i use them
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Mogami definitely. Or Monster I hear they're pretty good.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by mooshoepork
Mogami cables are about 50 AUS...and the DVCC ones you suggested seem to be a little more expensive. They also talk about the warranty by saying things like "warranty is void if you pull it out by the cable" They could easily say this is how the cable broke and then I'd be screwed.

I'd also have to wait until they made it. Are the death valley ones better?

Ah, you're in Australia...Shoot. Didn't catch that.
Honestly, I'd make your own. i just made some badass cable with some George L cable. Never going to break.

Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Yeah some of it has to do with capacitance and for myself, it's an issue at around 6 feet of cable.

Maybe that when ya think you hear it....I'm going by the math. It's around that number that high capacitance will really be audible.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ah, you're in Australia...Shoot. Didn't catch that.
Honestly, I'd make your own. i just made some badass cable with some George L cable. Never going to break.

Maybe that when ya think you hear it....I'm going by the math. It's around that number that high capacitance will really be audible.

I'm going by my ears. A cheap cable with high capacitance affects my tone with only a few feet of cable. Maybe you cannot hear the difference but I can.
Quote by xander307
Yeh those 90 degree jack cables are alot stronger... but they dont work in strat dishes

oh but they do

stick it in so the cable points up then put it inbetween your strap and your guitar
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
oh but they do

stick it in so the cable points up then put it inbetween your strap and your guitar

If the jack rotates so its pushed on the body it'll just slide out of the input
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
If the jack rotates so its pushed on the body it'll just slide out of the input

im using that and its perfectly fine
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Planet Waves, Mogami, Livewire, and Monster all have lifetime warranty. That being said, of those, I'd go Mogami. I see far too many Monster cables being replaced but never a Mogami
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I thought lifetime warranty only lasts for the products estimated life length? Therefore not the last cable you will buy.
Page 1 of 2