It's pretty obvious that I've been going Warwick-crazy for the last year. They're great basses that are phenomenally well-made and tonally versatile, and it's been a pleasure using them. However, things are kind of changing in my musical world.

Due to a severe lack of musicians in my area, I've been putting most of my energy toward writing all of my own music, and doing some composing with my girlfriend (a stellar pianist and vocalist). Although the Warwicks are wonderful instruments, I really can't get the sounds I'm looking for with the type of music I'm writing now. I need a round, mellow tone, whereas my Wicks push a very hi-fi, aggressive, and zingy sound (yes, even the Flashback; those lipstick tubes are decieving!). The plot thickens in that due to the bridge and nut construction of the Warwicks, they only accept stainless taperwounds. Forget about flats or NPS rounds!

The point of the story is that I'm thinking about selling my Warwicks and replacing them with passive Laklands and Fenders. The music I'm writing- despite having almost no vintage influence- needs the round tones those types of basses are capable of. As of the last several months I find myself always reaching for my Mexican Jazz bass or Stingray, and leaving the Warwicks in their cases. I get them out for occasional practice or messing around, but I can't compose with them or use them "seriously" in the songwriting process or at rehearsal. I feel like I got wrapped up in them for the beauty and construction and the "idea" of owning a Warwick, despite the fact I'm actually uncomfortable playing them and the tones don't fit my music.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Am I a madman, or should I proceed and go through with it?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
keep one or 2. if you find a good collector, some of those Warwicks can fetch a great price and you may only need to sell one for a good quality American Fender or 2, especially with current used prices.

you might even try sticking a split coil in your Stingray, HP is the most underrated configuration in history. nah, I'm crazy, don't do that, that things vintage.

and if you put some Bartolinis in a Schecter, you will get a round yet modern sound...
if you are willing to reconsider my trade offer...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom