All I can say is WTF?!?!

In the movie "Crank" (with Jason Statham), the main character (I forget his name...) gets shot up with this stuff that will kill him unless he can keep his heart rate up. Granted, this sounds like a ridiculous plot, but I can possibly accept it as the human body is a pretty amazing thing, and adrenaline can somewhat be a pain reliever.

At the end of the movie, in a bold move, the main character pulls the guy who shot him up out of a helicopter, and they both plummet towards the ground (high above the city below of course). Statham breaks the guy's neck in mid air, calls his girlfriend, and basically tells her he won't be home tonight... all on the way down.

Some cool special effects and a bit of music later BAM!! He bounces off a car and lands on the pavement.

....and yet, after that daring thousand foot drop without any parachute or any type of safety equipment, we are meant to believe that this man survived, and was able to be in a sequel. Not only that, but in this sequel, he has his "nearly indestructible heart" removed and is replaced by a sort of battery powered heart that requires electrical pulses to keep it going.

Does anyone else find this abso-****in-lutely ridiculous? It sounds almost as stupid as "The Happening", or "Cloverfield" was.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I enjoyed Cloverfield. Yeah, it might seem ridiculous, but it might be fun to watch once or twice. I think it might be a nice little change.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by scarfacesuit
Does anyone else find this abso-****in-lutely ridiculous? It sounds almost as stupid as "The Happening", or "Cloverfield" was.

It sounds pretty bad...What was The Happening like?
No, because he had so much adrenaline in his veins and he fell on a car which isn't as solid as the ground or water.

So all in all, his heart would still be pumping from the adrenaline and the car would break his fall so yeah.
Quote by Avedas
Who cares, it's fucking Jason Statham shooting bitches up.

Avedas spews win and truth.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
This is supposed to be just a crazy ****ing action movie, nothing more, nothing less. I'm actually watching Crank right now. I'm looking forward to seeing Crank 2 just to get blown as **** and sit back and watch a crazy ass dude **** **** up.

Oh, and if you ever say anything negative about Cloverfield again I am going to slap you.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Avedas

hell yea,
never knew there was a second part,got see it
who cares? with all the adrenaline his heart kept pumping. either way...IT'S A MOVIE!

can't wait to see it though
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Avedas

this.
Cloverfield was great. Take the carrot out of your ass man it's entertaining who cares If technically it's not possible? Did you watch 300 and go "ZOMG teh Persians could just ovawhelm them wiv teh br00tal axes" No you sat riveted to your chair and watched a fuckload of bloodshed
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
He gets an electronic heart put in, so he has to get bursts of electricity this time.

Edit: I heard it from my friend, so it might not be true and I can't be bothered searching for a source.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Jan 5, 2009,
Crank was an insanely STUPID movie. most unrealistic bull**** ever. but i found it entertaining. but at the end of the first one when he blinked after he hit the ground i was like NO ****ING WAY, IF THERE'S A SEQUEL I'M KILLING MYSELF.

sssseeeeeeeya life.
Hey buddy, dont **** with cloverfield! That movie made my week!
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Quote by Avedas

Yeah, I'm convinced that Jason Statham, no matter how incredibly typecasted he is, can turn any movie into a heaping pile of awesome. A movie could be about an elderly couple out for a Sunday drive with their grand kids, but put Mr. Statham in it and all of a sudden shit starts blowing up and you have a Summer blockbuster.

You know, talking about elderly people got me thinking. You know what would be awesome? Driving Miss Daisy 2: Fuel Injected, staring Jason Statham. Just let your imagination run with that.

*EXPLOSIONS*

*GUNSHOTS*

*NAGGING*

Summer 2010.
You are totally missing the point. Judge the movie as a movie. Not as real life. It's only bullsh*t when they try to make you believe it's grounded in reality but you have to suspend your belief in order to enjoy the movie. If a movie like Crank sells itself as balls-to-the-walls action, then it's not meant to be taken seriously.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I guess I really am thinking into this too much... but jesus christ. Landing on a car and surviving? This isn't a superhero movie. He isn't The Hulk or Spider-Man, or Superman or something (all of whom fell from very high places in their movies and survived I might add )

I don't know... I like a good ol' fashioned action movie and all, but this is a bit of a stretch...
Needlenick wrote:

Crank is like Shoot 'Em Up, where both movies pretty much are balls-to-the-wall action flicks, just being as extreme as they can. It's not to be believable it's not meant to have drama, it's meant to make you say "**** YEA, ****IN EXTREME!"
And I'm sorry for everyone that liked Cloverfield, but when I watched it, all I thought was "Awesome!! You can't even see the monster!!!" or "This is utterly pointless..." or even "I'd rather be out getting AIDS as opposed to watching this jerky ass camera for 2 hours..."

Overall, If I wanted to throw up from dizziness, I'd have some Jack Daniels and spin on a merry-go-round for 3 hours
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by scarfacesuit
I guess I really am thinking into this too much... but jesus christ. Landing on a car and surviving? This isn't a superhero movie. He isn't The Hulk or Spider-Man, or Superman or something (all of whom fell from very high places in their movies and survived I might add )

I don't know... I like a good ol' fashioned action movie and all, but this is a bit of a stretch...

spiderman's fucking gay
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I HATED the first one. It was so stupid, and i did not enjoy it. Also, at the end of Crank, after he falls, it shows his face and he blinks, indicating that he lived. My brother and dad said i was seeing things, but now I know he really did! Too bad the movie sucked.

Quote by Punkable_Tabs
It sounds pretty bad...What was The Happening like?

garbage. m night shamilan should not be allowed to make movies.

electrical heart? thats just retarded.

I have no opinion on this matter.